Returned from Dream yesterday...amazing

:D Hi All

Just a quick note to say had amazing dream cruise, everything was excellent food, drink, entertainment, cabin so all in all a wonderful time was had by all, this being a repositioning cruise, we all was on board for 13 nights(no change over mid way through as we left from Palma but flew home from Tenerife) so the cruise felt like a large family at the end :):):)

Any questions please ask.

Sue

Hi Sue, Glad you had a nice time on the Dream, we are going on her in 12 wks time, never been on a cruise before and are really looking forward to it. What do you think about the drinks prices ? we can pay £190 each per week for all inclusive drinks package, do you think its worth it ?, we dont drink much during the day but like a few in the evening . Thanks Celia

We were dreaming too for the last 13 days.

Our first ever cruise. Were not sure if we would enjoy but we did.

Plus points the spacious cabin 5076, Fantastic shows, booze not much more expensive than London prices. Food was good for mass catering, we sampled all the resaurants including the Grill. Every single crew member we met were really friendly and willing to help.

Didn't do any organised trips, thought they were expensive, but enjoyed exploring on our own.

No real negative points but would have preferred a little more variety in the music on offer and personally we would have liked more spicey food but then we like our Indian and SE Asian food hot. Still the pasta and deli stations added lots of Sambal paste on request.

It amazed me that I heard complaints from some of the more experienced cruisers, including the bloke tearing a strip off a crew member at one of the desks near reception o the last night. It was obviously not up to "Cunard" standards but also not up to their prices.

Will certainly cruise the deam again but will I find aother cruise line as enjoyable?

Just spotted your post.

Our booze bill was £225 for the 13 days including £12 for a litre of gin for G&Ts in our cabn before dinner. Buy your tonic ashore!

They don't appear to mind booze purchased ashore being drunk in the cabin as we sampled some local wine as well.

Hi Sue, Glad you had a nice time on the Dream, we are going on her in 12 wks time, never been on a cruise before and are really looking forward to it. What do you think about the drinks prices ? we can pay £190 each per week for all inclusive drinks package, do you think its worth it ?, we dont drink much during the day but like a few in the evening . Thanks Celia

Hi Celia

Are you saying £190 per week? are you travelling for 2 weeks so cost is £380?

Based on a spirit with splash of mixer at £3.70 or just a soft drink at £1.70. If you have five drinks at night each, this would be £37 so its up to you but dont forget most cocktails are included in AI as well as your coffee's like latte and cappachino's(sorry about spelling). House wine is lovely and this is free on AI, as long as you order by the glass and not order a bottle. We booked early and got ours free but would recommend if you are going to Caribbean? as the weather will be hotter :).

Notdeadyet

Glad you had a good cruise, you will always get people moaning, cannot understand why? I thought there was a good mixture of music...strum jam, mystique, the trio(classical), evening shows but hey, each to their own. :)

Essexlass2

Waited for my morning cuppa til got to the Lido restaurant, it was lovely having a cuppa sat outside, sun coming up and arriving in port x ;)

Suex

Would have preferred some Jazz. However don't get me wrong the groups were good and the add hoc secession I caught at 6.00 one evening of strum jam and mystique together was really hot. Empty lounge and they were playing for theirselves.

The evening shows were top quality. Going to email the firm that supplies the entertainment team to compliment them on their talented staff. Thought all the 10 dancers/singers were great. The energy they put into each show and it really looked like they were enjoying themselves as well.

:D Hi All

Just a quick note to say had amazing dream cruise, everything was excellent food, drink, entertainment, cabin so all in all a wonderful time was had by all, this being a repositioning cruise, we all was on board for 13 nights(no change over mid way through as we left from Palma but flew home from Tenerife) so the cruise felt like a large family at the end :):):)

Any questions please ask.

Sue

One wee query and as usual for us it's to do with alcohol;) We watched Showboaters on TV to get an impression of the ship, which looks great, but in the theatre it looks like there are very few seats with tables for your drinks, in fact they looked like cinema seats at the back and the same at front, but with a little shelf. Because of this seating arrangement am I correct in assuming there is no waitress service during the shows, unlike the other Thomson ships?

We were dreaming too for the last 13 days.

It amazed me that I heard complaints from some of the more experienced cruisers, including the bloke tearing a strip off a crew member at one of the desks near reception o the last night. It was obviously not up to "Cunard" standards but also not up to their prices.

Will certainly cruise the deam again but will I find aother cruise line as enjoyable?

I agree I recall last year on the Destiny a pot bellied topless (male:eek: unfortunately:p) buffoon berating reception staff as he wasn't being allowed to enter Seven Seas restaurant for lunch due to his lack of suitable attire. A complete trumpet of a man.

One wee query and as usual for us it's to do with alcohol;) We watched Showboaters on TV to get an impression of the ship, which looks great, but in the theatre it looks like there are very few seats with tables for your drinks, in fact they looked like cinema seats at the back and the same at front, but with a little shelf. Because of this seating arrangement am I correct in assuming there is no waitress service during the shows, unlike the other Thomson ships?

Hi

The seating in the Theatre is really good, from the back it goes with seats like at the pictures, then there are a few half moon seating areas, I suppose for families etc with a table in the middle. Nearer the front seating is set up for 2 people with little tables inbetween them and there are also seats for an individual.The show lasts about 45 minutes and if you get in before the show starts you can get your drinks, however we never saw a waiter/waitress during shows asking if you would like a drink but I don't think it would have been a problem :)

Hi

The seating in the Theatre is really good, from the back it goes with seats like at the pictures, then there are a few half moon seating areas, I suppose for families etc with a table in the middle. Nearer the front seating is set up for 2 people with little tables inbetween them and there are also seats for an individual.The show lasts about 45 minutes and if you get in before the show starts you can get your drinks, however we never saw a waiter/waitress during shows asking if you would like a drink but I don't think it would have been a problem :)

I thought that might be the case, no problem really was just curious, we visited our daughter who stays in Cancun recently and went to the cinema where the waiter service (!!!) ended at the start of the film. Massive screen same size as the wall and leather reclining seats £5 admission (free for us:D) and 2 beers with big bowl of Mexican snacks £4, wouldnt happen here LOL

Archived