How is the coffee on the Lido deck or room service?

CrusinAgain

Been on the Miracle three times. Last time, was March. I too just gotta have my morning coffee. But I never order the night before, because I like to wake when I feel like. I usually order the room service as soon as I get up, and I have to give them credit for pretty fast room service every morning.

Unfortunately...the coffee was just awful, no matter where it came from. The Lido might have been a bit better, but it's really going to be a matter of your personal preference.

Just how particular are you about your coffee? If you say "very", then just how much room can that Starbuck's instant really take up in your luggage?. Try the coffee the first day. If it's totally unpalatable, then just order boiling water the rest of the week, and use the instant.

(Hint, if you want hot water from room service, you may want to just order hot tea. They will bring a carafe of hot water, and a tea bag. Just pocket the tea bag. Trying to make the

"Ruin Sorbees" person understand that you want a carafe of boiling water is just way more difficult than it's worth.

I too am particular about my coffee, however when we are on a cruise - even mediocre coffee is wonderful. :)

There is nothing like coffee on the balcony overlooking the ocean in the morning and I might go as far to say that even bad coffee is good in this situation.

I find that the coffee from Room Service to be completely HORRIBLE! The coffee on the Lido is less horrible. To me it taste like the staff fishes up tar balls from the Gulf and serve it as coffee. That's how horrid it is. I'm by no means a coffee connoisseur, but I do like a good cup. I've learned to bring those Nescafe (I've tried the Starbucks instant and I HATE IT. It's WAY too strong. The Nescafe brand is a lot more toned down) instant coffee packs that takes little to NO room in your suitcase. In the mornings you can get room service to bring hot water, or on the Lido, next to the coffee, there is a hot water self serve.

On the Inspiration 16 of us went on the Behind the Fun tour and told the chef the coffee was mud and everyone was adding water. He said, "No, everyone likes it." Each cruise seems to be different.

Wow....so he was actually told by your group but totally disagreed. Then nothing will change if they don't listen.

I find that the coffee from Room Service to be completely HORRIBLE! The coffee on the Lido is less horrible. To me it taste like the staff fishes up tar balls from the Gulf and serve it as coffee. That's how horrid it is. I'm by no means a coffee connoisseur, but I do like a good cup. I've learned to bring those Nescafe (I've tried the Starbucks instant and I HATE IT. It's WAY too strong. The Nescafe brand is a lot more toned down) instant coffee packs that takes little to NO room in your suitcase. In the mornings you can get room service to bring hot water, or on the Lido, next to the coffee, there is a hot water self serve.

That is EXACTLY how I feel about Carnival's coffee!

Haven't tried the Nescafe brand (not crazy about Starbucks, but at least I got my early morning caffeine jolt) before our next cruise. Thanks for the recommendation.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived