Help !! Sailing On The 19th On Dream For Thanksgiving Cruise And TOTALLY Not Ready

Cruise Mermaid

HELP! Sailing in less than a week - on the Dream for Thanksgiving - feeling totally unprepared! I'm a seasoned cruiser - we've been on like 4 or 5 ... but not since 8 or 9 years ago .. feeling overwhelemed - NOT packed, NOT tanned, NOT ready .. HELP HELP HELP ... I need to know first off - how to get liquor on board .... if its not possible that's fine -- just wondering .. please email me at cruisemermaid@sbcglobal.net - I need to search these forums just out of time ... *please* give me any hints, tips, to enjoy our cruise aboard the DREAM! We are in one of the *aft* cabins with the wrap balcony - so excited ! :)

Thanks everyone !

Bon Voyage! It allows you to purchase bottles and have them in your room when you arrive. prices are the same through Bon Voyage or on board. If you buy it on board (thru room service) thereis a 15% gratuity whereas if you buy before the cruise there is no gratuity.

Bon Voyage 800-522-7648

Rum:

Capt Morgan Spiced $55, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodka:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Sloe Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

We are on the same criuse and I still haven't lined up any kind of excursions. I haven't even begun to pack clothes so I'm hopeful no shopping is required. I feel your pain. At least you can take a bottle of wine for each guest over 21 onboard, limited to 2 per room.

I'm currently stressing over what time to arrive for boarding. They said everyone has to be on by 2:30 PM but they don't start till noon and there are probably 4000+ passengers!:eek:

Either way we will all make it on board and then chill out and have a great time! Good luck!:)

We are on the same criuse and I still haven't lined up any kind of excursions. I haven't even begun to pack clothes so I'm hopeful no shopping is required. I feel your pain. At least you can take a bottle of wine for each guest over 21 onboard, limited to 2 per room.

I'm currently stressing over what time to arrive for boarding. They said everyone has to be on by 2:30 PM but they don't start till noon and there are probably 4000+ passengers!:eek:

Either way we will all make it on board and then chill out and have a great time! Good luck!:)

Actually if you arrive by 10:30 you are usually on board by 11:30 with a lot less crowd to deal with...:)

We are on the same cruise. I've ordered my bottles from Bon voyage. Spent the weekend looking for powdered mixers. Without much luck I may add. All clothes are hanging in the dining room almost ready to go into the suitcases. Still haven't called the credit card companies. Need to call hotel in cocoa beach to confirm. Still with lots to do and not much time as we are leaving two days early to go to the Kennedy space ctr. Weather looks iffy up there, could be chilly. Lots, lots to do. We plan on being at park and cruise at 9:45-1000. Happy packing and safe travels to the port!!!

I know planning a vacation can be stressful, especially last minute! The Dream is a very nice ship! The Decor is pretty, the service is great and the people are friendly. We stayed at the courtyard marriott in Cocoa Beach and it was 5-10 minutes from the ship. The hotel was nice as well. As far as getting alcohol on the ship, I honestly have no clue. Expect to pay around $8 for a drink on the ship though! From my standpoint the things not to miss are the:

spa: We stayed in a spa cabin so we had access to the steam rooms and the thalasso pool. The locker room was very nice as well. I would highly recommend getting the weekly pass. It's not crowded, it's quiet and it's very relaxing.

Dining room: About 50% of the people on our cruise didn't show up to dinner! The service was outstanding, the servers were very nice and the food was good. It's a great opportunity to meet people.

BBQ on the Lanai: It's offered a few times during the week and the food is delicious.

Pasta Bar: My husband really enjoyed it

The shows!

Things that I thought were disappointing:

Burrito Bar: the food made Taco Bell's quality look pretty decent :(

Main Pool: It was always packed but the pool at the end of the ship seemed like it was mostly adults.

Breakfast on the buffet: We tried it twice throughout our cruise and decided we'd rather not have breakfast. The eggs were instant and runny and things like the pancakes and french toast weren't warm.

I've been to the Western Caribbean but instead of Costa Maya we went to the Cayman Islands. If you enjoy shopping, Cozumel has some pretty cool stores right in the port area. There was one that was a market type of store that I found pretty neat.

Archived