Is snorkeling equipment clean????

sahmom

My family of 4 are going to western Carib. in May, we definately plan on snorkeling, the people we are going with are bringing their own snorkeling gear, as they don't want to use "used" gear. I can see thier point, but I also don't want to take up the room in my suitcase.

So the tour guides carry gear that would fit kids and do they clean them???? Any ideas? suggestions???

They rinse the gear. Same as I rinse my toothbrush, and I wouldn't share a toothbrush with anyone.

Seriously, a mask and snorkel do not take up much room and you can be sure to get a mask that fits your face rather than accept what the tour happens to have that day. A good mask fit is the most important part of enjoying snorkeling. The fastest way to ruin snorkeling is to be stuck with a mask that leaks.

We just did a Western itinterary and we brought our own masks and snorkels. Since we snorkeled 3 out of 4 ports it was worth it. In addition to not using dirty equipment, you will have the mask all adjusted and ready to go. You don't need the fins much. If you are out on an excursion you can use there fins.

We did excursion to Stingray City in Grand Cayman and used their fins. We went to Chankanaab Park in Cozumel and the snorkeling was great right when you get in the water. We also snorkeled at Princess Cruises private beach in the bahamas so we saved renting them twice.

Have fun!

I'd recomend a snorkle at the VERY least. I found the mask's that MD used to be good quality, but I like my US Diver self clearing snorkle the best...something about that wave that fills your snorkle and a mouth full of saltwater that makes the day....

Archived