BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites

betmust

I was looking at this for a night in March for pre-cruise. I wondered if anyone had stayed here and opinions of it. Also if there is anywhere close by for walking to get a bite to eat for supper. Nothing fancy but good.

Thanks for any help...

Do they have airport and cruise terminal shuttles?

We have not stayed there but have it booked for an upcoming cruise. They have free airport shuttle service but the shuttle to the cruise port is $8/PP and for some reason it only goes to not from the cruise port. How it gets back to the motel I'm not sure:D

I was looking at this for a night in March for pre-cruise. I wondered if anyone had stayed here and opinions of it. Also if there is anywhere close by for walking to get a bite to eat for supper. Nothing fancy but good.

Thanks for any help...

We are actually staying at this hotel right now (been here for 3 days) before we head out on our cruise tomorrow. It is a nice, and clean hotel with nice rooms. Nothing fancy but its been perfect for us.

They do have an airport shuttle but be warned that it does not run after 11pm. The shuttle to the cruise port is $8/person and as someone else mentioned they do not pick up from the port. We were told that this is a port rule.

If you need a place to park your car you can also leave it here for $5/day.

There are a few fast food restsurants around the hotel plus the cuban cuisine right across the street.

We recently stayed here for one night pre-cruise and it worked out great. We got a good rate on Hotwire. Hotel was clean and in good shape, with a pretty good buffet breakfast provided in the morning.

The cuban restaurant across the street is an easy walk, but really nothing else around if you don't have a car. We arrived late and didn't get there for dinner, but we did stop there for lunch one day after our cruise. It was a popular place and quite good.

The hotel apparently does have an airport shuttle, but it was out of commission the night we arrived (or perhaps their driver was sick, etc). We called them from the airport and they said to just get a cab and they would pay for it -- and they did. Nice customer service rather than just telling us we were on our own.

They do have a shuttle that makes scheduled runs to the port also. We had planned to take a cab instead, so we could stop and pick up some water and soda along the way. When we were ready to leave in the morning, we just had the front desk call a cab for us. The lobby was full of cruisers and their luggage waiting around for the shuttle to arrive, when we just hopped in our cab and left. The driver was happy to stop at Publix and wait while we grabbed our supplies. I think the fare was only $20, but we gave him nice tip. :)

Lenny

Archived