alcohol in soda bottles, will it work??

Yes, we took some Baileys for coffee in water bottles, which were in our carryon cooler......no questions asked.

I really wonder why there aren't any beverages available first thing in the mornings....or are there?????????????

The bars i have noticed........i didn't walk the entire ship though......usually on an average do not open until 10 am or so.....

Has anything changed?

Many bottles of alcohol comes in plastic, why put Rum in mouthwash bottle or coke bottle when it comes in plastic liter bottles :D Beer is in plastic bottles too :D It all comes down to how much weight you want in a suit case.

I have never, ever been caught bringing on anything. My best is 2 1/2 cases of beer. We always have an extra suit case (to bring back soveniers in ) that holds 1 1/2 case, then we each put a twelve pack in our clothing bags. I have been on 10 cruises, 7 of them carnival. When in port we buy wine, rum etc. put it in our carry on zip up beach bag. Goes through scanner - no problem! Also luggage is scanned before embarkation - no problem. The only problem we ever had was when we went on an Hawaii cruise on Norwegian. We always pack cans of Bud light. But this cruise served bud light in the bottles. So we made a point to drink them only in our cabin. If they do catch it, they will most likely hold it for you until the end of the cruise.

I'm more worried about getting a week's supply of Pepsi products through the Coca-Cola embargo.:rolleyes:

That's my problem as well! Those "Coke Cops" are violent and my sons (misguided fools that they are) are likely to snitch....I think Coca Cola has had some sort of subliminal brain washing contained in their adverts....:cool:

Let me go on the rocord as saying: "My name is Dennis and I'm a cheap-skate!"

I will be taking liquor on board with me because I don't want to pay $4-$6 for every mixed drink I will enjoy on my cruises. Not to say I won't spend money at the bars because I will as I have no plans on taking beer with me but I am not going to make alcohol my major S&S charges. What cruise lines do is gouge the consumer because you are a "captive audience". They have you there and know that they can charge you extremely inflated prices because you have no alternative.

I'm the guy who finds the deals to get the best value for my dollar. I shop around. I am not a proponent of giving money away to companies who over charge for a product when this other guy can give it to me for less with better service.

To all who think people who bring alcohol on board are "cheap" think about this...

You can buy a bottle of of liquor on the ship for under $10 duty free, sometimes you can get 2 bottles for this price. Why should the cruise line be able to charge you $4 for 1/22 of this same bottle???

You may call it cheap, I call it frugality. I work hard for my money and want to get the best value for it. If that means that I bring some beverages from home, then so be it.

AMEN BROTHER, PREACH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

I put rum in a listerine bottle on my last cruise. It was a bad thing. My drinks tasted like mouthwash and I ended up running to the bar for a new one. I won't be doing that again. YUK

I'm leaving monday, this is what I am trying, I'll let you know how it goes...

I bought a 6 pack of 24oz bottles of water that are attached with a plastic ring. I emptied 3 of the bottles and refilled them with clear liquor (coconut rum, regular rum, and citrus vodka) without removing them from the plastic ring and resealed them. Each 24oz bottle holds approximately one 750mL bottle of liquor. I'll leave the other 3 sealed (with water in them). I then put the whole pack in a 2 gallon ziploc so it wouldn't leak, and then into a grocery bag. Hopefully, it appears to be nothing more than a 6-pack of water.

I put rum in a listerine bottle on my last cruise. It was a bad thing. My drinks tasted like mouthwash and I ended up running to the bar for a new one. I won't be doing that again. YUK

Gross!!!! That is why I keep everything in the original containers... I like my drinks to be free of that nice minty aftertaste, LOL!!

Archived