How Were the Cove Balconies on the Magic Transatlantic?

ldb2

I'm just curious if anyone who had a Cove Balcony on the just-completed Magic TA could comment on whether or not the balcony doors were left open or if they were closed at any time during the crossing? I read some comments that the crossing was a bit rough (pools, water slides, ropes course were closed for a portion of the trip) so was wondering how the coves were affected by the weather. I ask because we have a cove booked for next years Breeze TA, although I realize the weather can be very different for each crossing. We did the Dream TA a couple of years ago and had relatively smooth and warm sailing for most of the trip. Although we didn't have a cove balcony for that one, I don't think they had to close the doors at all on that cruise from what I read.

Laurie

I'm just curious if anyone who had a Cove Balcony on the just-completed Magic TA could comment on whether or not the balcony doors were left open or if they were closed at any time during the crossing? I read some comments that the crossing was a bit rough (pools, water slides, ropes course were closed for a portion of the trip) so was wondering how the coves were affected by the weather. I ask because we have a cove booked for next years Breeze TA, although I realize the weather can be very different for each crossing. We did the Dream TA a couple of years ago and had relatively smooth and warm sailing for most of the trip. Although we didn't have a cove balcony for that one, I don't think they had to close the doors at all on that cruise from what I read.

Laurie

We just returned from the Magic TA where we had a cove on starboard side about midship 2337. Our doors were never closed. Yes, we had a windy return with big rolling waves. Most of the time it was dry enough to sit out but did not do it as often as we planned. It was cool and windy. This was our 4th southern route TA and had much worse weather than normal. However, we really enjoyed the trip. The Magic is a beautiful ship with great staff. Food was excellent. Lido food was a nice surprise, much better than usual buffet fare. Your Breeze should be a great cruise. We loved the cove.

We had a cove balcony on the port side (2268) and DH and I agree that it was the best balcony we have ever had. :D The weather was never so bad as to have the doors shut. I loved lying in bed and looking out at the water. We did have some swells during the voyage but nothing bad. I think they were about 7-12 ft. swells and the ship did rock just a little but we have been in much worse. We could watch the flying fish from our balcony. Bottom line is that we absolutely loved our cove balcony and it is the only room we would book in the future on this class ship.

Joan

We had a cove balcony on the port side (2268) and DH and I agree that it was the best balcony we have ever had. :D The weather was never so bad as to have the doors shut. I loved lying in bed and looking out at the water. We did have some swells during the voyage but nothing bad. I think they were about 7-12 ft. swells and the ship did rock just a little but we have been in much worse. We could watch the flying fish from our balcony. Bottom line is that we absolutely loved our cove balcony and it is the only room we would book in the future on this class ship.

Joan

We are booked in 2264 on the Magic 1/1/12...did you like the location? Any noise or anything we need to be aware of?

The location was excellent. We were right between two lifeboats. You might have the end of one lifeboat above you but it won't be an obstructed view. We loved the location. However, we did have a connecting door that was locked but we could hear the people in the next room when they talked loud, sneezed, etc. I think I may prefer getting a room without a connecting door next time but we loved the location. No other noise from above or around us and we were close to the elevators to go to the atrium or Promenade but to go to the Lido, you need to go to the next set of elevators down the hall. They take you right up to the entrance of the Lido Marketplace.

J.

Archived