Peat Taylor

lukeduke07

Don't know about Peat but last week we hired Orville Taylor and he took us wherever we wanted to go, very reasonable ..i asked before the trip and he packed up a cooler of sodas as waters and beers for us...couldn't have been a nicer day..there were 7 of us, 4 adults..3 kids, his van was more like a small bus and could have held twice that amount.

Don't know about Peat but last week we hired Orville Taylor and he took us wherever we wanted to go, very reasonable ..i asked before the trip and he packed up a cooler of sodas as waters and beers for us...couldn't have been a nicer day..there were 7 of us, 4 adults..3 kids, his van was more like a small bus and could have held twice that amount.

How much did he charge?

hi - can you give me some idea as to where you went, i am looking for ideas, as we are travelling with my parents in their 70's

We went tubing, it was great ..mostly a float trip with a few bumpy spots.our group ranged from 3 to 66 and we could all do it no problem, maybe 45 minutes tops and 25$ per person. We weren't sure they would let the little one go so Orville said he would take him and whichever Adult stayed with him on a Little tour around while the rest tubed but we all went so that didn't happen. A guide goes with you to make sure all is well. The scenery and birds along the way cannot be beat. We were the group down that day so we thought we owned the river.

We went to Mahogony beach..free..chairs available for I think 10$.. for a swim after that for about 2 hours..nice beach, smallish but very clean and relaxing. then he took us to lunch at Scotches ..think I have that right..for jerk chicken..it was great..we had met the NCL tour director on board who highly recommend the place and he was right, it was clean and delish, we ate outside in open air huts. He then took us to a high point where we had a fab view of Ocho Rios and The Pearl, there was a place there with music and you could have stopped for a drink but we just looked around for awhile then headed back. He offered to take us to a shopping area but the kids were getting antsy to get back to the pool so we skipped it. We were back on the ship by about 2..2:30 a memorable time had by all!

The whole day worked out perfectly for us, there was no tour we could have taken that would accommodate our needs.

Oops..forgot..

He charged us 25 per adult, 20 for 2 kids, the little one was free plus whatever he paid for the stuff in the cooler, don't know what that was...my hubs took care of it.

He sent us a list of possibilities and the admission for each before we went and we told him when we got on what we would like to do. Very flexible , you are basically hiring a driver..and a good one..to take you wherever you would like to go in his air conditioned bus.with some narratives along the way.

Archived