freestyle dining attire on the wind?

chipnchair

Hello,

My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I'm new to the forum and didn't find what I was looking for easily. :o

I was reading the "more info" on the NCL page and saw this:

We do not allow jeans, T-shirts, shorts, cut-offs, tank tops, bare feet, etc. in any of the restaurants at dinner.

I was wondering if anyone has taken the (Hawaii) Norwegian Wind cruise and how strict they are about the aforementioned. I have previously done the Royal Caribbean Hawaiian cruise and remembered wearing shorts and jeans when dining (except on formal nights) without issue.

Can anyone comment from personal experience or observation?

Thanks! :)

m

UPDATE: so just as i posted this and refreshed, i saw the 7 page thread about "jeans at dinner" right below mine, so i will go through that. if anyone has additional information specific to the Wind, it's appreciated.

during my cruise, i wore a casual skirt and top to dinner every night but one. breakfast and lunch were always more laid back.

the sports bar allows any attire. shorts, swimsuits with a cover-up, jeans...

i had breakfast and lunch at the four seasons once. both times i wore shorts and a nice top. most were wearing resort casual, capri pants, etc...

the four seasons and the terraces will not allow denim or shorts in the evening. on one evening, i had a late dinner at the terraces and they did let me in wearing nice jeans with a dressy top and heels. but i think it was only because it was later at night. i knew a couple who had a son who was asked to go change out of jeans for dinner that same night.

the bistro was dressier but i did see women there in sundresses.

trattoria was dressy each night i was there. not formal by any means, but dressier than the others.

for men, i usually saw nice slacks and collared shirts. no jeans or t-shirts.

for women, anything goes, really.

formal nights didn't seem terribly formal to me. can't remember if there were one or two "official" formal nights. my family chose to dress formally twice for dinner. most men were in suits and women in cocktail dresses.

one thing i will suggest is that you take a couple of sweatshirts for mornings and a wrap for dress-up nights. we were there in february and i was cool numerous times. duty free sells cute fake pashminas that i got for $10 and they were wonderful for wearing in the restaurants in the evenings!

Archived