Current Concierges continued

PH8

With all of these positive comments I almost feel like I must have inadvertantly kicked her cat on the way into the D lounge... and I didn't even know that cats were allowed on board! :p ...oh wait, that's a different thread :cool:

I'll be more mindful of my feet as I enter this time...

LOL

Maybe it was something you said. :eek: ;)

You really, REALLY might like her this time.

I know someone actually complained about her on our cruise, but since I was present when the supposed infraction took place, I knew it was taken in a way it wasn't meant and then blown out of proportion.

You just might have completely different thoughts about her after the next time. Not everyone clicks and maybe you never will. But you might be surprised. Wait and see and tell us how things go.

Gina

We were on the same cruise and we loved Rahul and even gave hime a wow card. He made us reservations for dinner, saw us in Grand Cayman and made sure we got to the Diamond line for the tender which saved us a ton of time, and got us out boarding passes for our flight home. He was always willing to help us and answer questions for us. We went to the lounge every night and as soon as Roger was tied up with other guests he would serve drinks to antone that was waiting. Overall we thought he was great!

Funny, he got a wow card from us too! The mess with the Chops reservation was a nightmare from the time I booked it two months out from the cruise to the last bite in Chops. The St John tour had some real safety issues that Rahul addressed to Explorations. We were in the lounge every evening. He did the same thing, he was right there anytime the bartender was tied up. He also made sure to open up the area outside the Diamond Lounge when it was to full.

All I can say is not everyone has the same wonderful or horrible experiences.....so I would not relay on one's person's opinion......we each have our own..

Well said, Kathy, and I didn't mean to minimize anyone's experience. We try to give a bad impression a second chance, which is why we have only 2 cruises on <unnamed> cruise line.

We always go in with an open mind, and, of course, will do so this time. I wouldn't have said what I did above though without basis.

She seemed to have a plenty fine week when we were on doting on older [than us], affluent looking guests. Those folks absolutely loved her! To us (a younger couple), she was dismissive, cold, and at times borderline rude. We will have my parents (also Diamond and fitting her favored profile noted above) with us on this sailing, so perhaps we will receive different treatment. I'm absolutely hoping that her perspective on service has changed since November... but if it hasn't I will not spare her a negative comment on the comment card (as I did last time)!

Regardless, her presence will not impact my enjoyment of the D lounge. The servers were absolutely WONDERFUL last time and really made our experience... and received her tip all for themselves!

I was with Dave85 and received this cold treatment... We didn't overdrink (often having espresso instead of alcohol) and were very pleasant. From the moment she scanned our cards the first evening, she wouldn't give us the time of day! It was incredible...and perplexing. We watched her sit and mingle with older guests, and ignore us. I can say it made no difference to my enjoyment of the lounge, as the waitstaff was incredible and friendly (and we tipped them accordingly).

She should be treating us well though -- we (God willing) have a long cruising life ahead of us (and have 3 cruises booked this moment)!!

We were on the same cruise and we loved Rahul and even gave hime a wow card. He made us reservations for dinner, saw us in Grand Cayman and made sure we got to the Diamond line for the tender which saved us a ton of time, and got us out boarding passes for our flight home. He was always willing to help us and answer questions for us. We went to the lounge every night and as soon as Roger was tied up with other guests he would serve drinks to antone that was waiting. Overall we thought he was great!
This was our 4th or 5th time having Rahul as our DL Concierge and he was fabulous. Helped with reservations. Managed a very large group of Diamonds (had an overflow area just outside the door in the Viking Crown Area). Did not get any WOW cards or we would have deisgtnated him as our WOW employee.

How did you get the WOW Card?

How did you get the WOW Card?

Sherri,

Hope it is ok to answer where we got ours.

We obtained our WOW cards at the check in area before we boarded the ship. We were the first to check in and board the ship. The stacks of cards were on the right hand side of the window where we checked in for the priority boarding at the dock.

Last few cruises I havent seen a WOW card.........not sure if it was just for a certain time period or not......last I got one was last Dec.........

I got them in March and April on RD in Sydney. It was offered in March without my having to ask. In April I had to get off the ship and go to check in to pick one up since they aren't available on the ship. She actually gave me 3. :)

If they are given to you on a ship and you don't find anyone to give one to, you can save them to give out on another cruise where you need the extras.

Gina

Last few cruises I havent seen a WOW card.........not sure if it was just for a certain time period or not......last I got one was last Dec.........

We leave on O Saturday so I'll report back on that as well... I hope they haven't discontinued it, I thought it was a nice touch last time.

Re: the WOW cards. Like Gina we received them at the pier in Sydney on the first leg of our BtoBtoB but since we didn't have to check in on the nest 2 legs, it was difficult to get them. We did go to the check-in desk in Honolulu on our way back on to the ship and they were happy to give us as many as we wanted. Our suggeston to the GSM was to include them in the BtoB package they gave us each time. She did say that they were only available shore-side and would ask if she could have a supply to give BtoB passengers.

We were happy to hand ours out to many of our favorite crew members.

Another case of inconsistency:rolleyes:......now why didnt the JW have them last month??:confused:

I think there's a problem with port training. When I went on Jewel in January I wasn't offered a card either. It was such a new program I forgot to ask. I met people in the CL who DID have their cards given to them at check in. I managed to be able to get a couple of them but not without great effort. Some strays were found even though they were no longer available on board. :rolleyes: We drove across the state to go on Monarch where I made a point of remembering to ask for them.

Too bad we ever have to be the one to remember to ask.

Gina

Re: the WOW cards. Like Gina we received them at the pier in Sydney on the first leg of our BtoBtoB but since we didn't have to check in on the nest 2 legs, it was difficult to get them. We did go to the check-in desk in Honolulu on our way back on to the ship and they were happy to give us as many as we wanted. Our suggeston to the GSM was to include them in the BtoB package they gave us each time. She did say that they were only available shore-side and would ask if she could have a supply to give BtoB passengers.

We were happy to hand ours out to many of our favorite crew members.

And I still have my fingers crossed for Beresford to win that trip to Miami and whatever goes along with it. :) He's got a decent sized stack going.

Gina

On our B2B2B on the Navigator in December we did not receive the WOW cards during our initial check in. During the second week I asked about the WOW pin a bartender was wearing. He told me about the cards. I went to Guest Relations and they gave me the cards. From what I have read it appears each port may be a bit different. Funny how there can be more than one process for the same thing;) :confused:

Sherri,

Hope it is ok to answer where we got ours.

We obtained our WOW cards at the check in area before we boarded the ship. We were the first to check in and board the ship. The stacks of cards were on the right hand side of the window where we checked in for the priority boarding at the dock.

We checked in pretty early but did not see them. Will look for them next cruise.

And I still have my fingers crossed for Beresford to win that trip to Miami and whatever goes along with it. :) He's got a decent sized stack going.

Gina

We gave Beresford one of our WOW Cards on our recent Radiance sailing. He was greatness.

Edited by julesbeara

I heard back from concierge today. Its 4 days until sailing so honestly, I was getting worried. ;)

Rahim emailed me and set up the 2 dining bookings I wanted but were not available for Chops and Giovanni's for the dates and times i wanted. No Problem!

I also asked about how to book the I phones on the ship. I have older teens and I needed to rent them so we could keep in touch. He went one step further and booked the phones for us :D

I also wanted to do the Prohibition party. There are several ladies from our roll call who are all going together. I was going to be left out of the fun!!! Nope, Rahim was able to get us 2 tickets to the party.

I also wanted to have something nice set up for our cabin crawl. He said not a problem and he would get with me about it when we get on the ship.

All in all I am EXTREMELY happy with concierge right now! WOW!

My only complaint would be making me wait until 4 days until we board. I was starting to sweat :p

So those who have not heard back and you have emailed them... this should give you hope or at least a sigh of relief. :D

We gave Beresford one of our WOW Cards on our recent Radiance sailing. He was greatness.

So did we! It had been six months since we had last sailed on RD. When we arrived at the CL in Honolulu last month on boarding day, Beresford had our drinks ready in about 10 seconds, and didn't even have to ask what we wanted.

The next week, in the DL, for Vancouver sailaway, Emily, another bar server who had just boarded after vacation, also brought us our drinks without asking what we were having. How do they do that?? :p I am in awe!:)

WOW:D

So did we! It had been six months since we had last sailed on RD. When we arrived at the CL in Honolulu last month on boarding day, Beresford had our drinks ready in about 10 seconds, and didn't even have to ask what we wanted.

The next week, in the DL, for Vancouver sailaway, Emily, another bar server who had just boarded after vacation, also brought us our drinks without asking what we were having. How do they do that?? :p I am in awe!:)

WOW:D

The same happens to us. Also, some other bartenders around the ship remember what we like. We know the reason for this though. Some of us spend quite a few cruises on RD. :) ;) But....I'm still impressed, too. With thousands of passengers rotating through the ship so often, it would be easier to forget what the regulars like and let them place their order. But on no...they have to continue to WOW us. :)

Gina

Kathy, just an update for your list.

Charmaine left Radiance on May 18 and is now Suite Concierge on Oasis. I think she is there until August.

Gazetty James has been name Diamond Concierge on Radiance and she is a really sweet young lady.

As far as WOW cards, you must get them when you check in on the pier. Guest Relations is not allows to pass them out.

Kathy, just an update for your list.

Charmaine left Radiance on May 18 and is now Suite Concierge on Oasis. I think she is there until August.

Gazetty James has been name Diamond Concierge on Radiance and she is a really sweet young lady.

As far as WOW cards, you must get them when you check in on the pier. Guest Relations is not allows to pass them out.

Thanks Patti........Cruising Fool mentioned this last week,........just wondering who all is in the CL on the Oasis now with Charmaine??:confused:

AD Adventure of the Seas -Reshma

(Fernando on vacation 2/19/12)(Silvia Abreu De Gasperi date TBD)

AL Allure of the Seas--(Concierge)-Rahim and Dexter(Fernando on vacation)

(Diamond)-Kenton Stubb

BR Brilliance of the Seas - Betsy Medrano till 06/02/12(Anis 06/02/12 till 07/03/12)

EN Enchantment of the Seas - Reyno Varkevisser

EX Explorer of the Seas -Mario Reyes as of 4/12/12)(Carlos Javier Ortiz)

FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge)-Willie Salaya

(Diamond)-Rahul Barua (Verdine Leotaud on vacation)

GR Grandeur of the Seas - Rahim-date TBD

ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge)Ken Boodoo till 10/31/12

(Diamond) -Silvia Abreu De Gasperi until 06/30/12(Columella Arandia)

JW Jewel of the Seas -Jasmin (Nedere Reid on vacation till 07/02/12)

LG Legend of the Seas -none till 2/7/13

LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz (Oana Popa on vacation till 6/21/12)

(Diamond)--Nicola Baker

MJ Majesty of the Seas- none

MA Mariner of the Seas -Luca Iorgio(Nadia Gruber at GSR)

MN Monarch of the Seas- none

NV Navigator of the Seas –Ricardo Mock (Karen Hernandez on vacation 04/12 for 4 months)

OA Oasis of the Seas (Concierge)Natalia Ramos and Francis Calimag

(Diamond) Hayley De Vos Luzio

Charmaine??

RD Radiance of the Seas-(Concierge)Steven -as of 4/22/12(Juan Diego Miranda-Allen on vacation)

(Diamond) Gazetty James(as of May 18th)

RH Rhapsody of the Seas-(Concierge)Victor J.Barragan Baruch

(Diamond)Mone't Morning(till 06/01/12)

SR Serenade of the Seas -Francois Roux ( on vacation 06/10/12-returning 07/27/12) -Victor on vacation

SP Splendour of the Seas – Diego Tripaldi (Telma Santos on vacation 05/02/12)

(Diamond)Carolina Costa

VI Vision of the Seas - none till 10/23/13

VY Voyager of the Seas -Israel Sanchez(till 06/19/12)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word diamond in front of concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com