Current Concierges continued

PH8

A couple of posts today involving concierge lounges have posted Cocktail Hours as either 4:30-7:30 or 5:00-8:00. Just thought i'd ask if anyone on this forum has experienced them shortening the cocktail hours - especially 30 mins before late dinner.

The Jewel was posted 5p-8p in the Lounge, but they were serving until 8:30 last month. Just seeing if anyone else has noticed this lately. The other ships mentioned today were the Navigator and Adventure.

Just got off the Navigator and their Happy Hour is 4:30 to 8:00 and has been for a long time.

A couple of posts today involving concierge lounges have posted Cocktail Hours as either 4:30-7:30 or 5:00-8:00. Just thought i'd ask if anyone on this forum has experienced them shortening the cocktail hours - especially 30 mins before late dinner.

The Jewel was posted 5p-8p in the Lounge, but they were serving until 8:30 last month. Just seeing if anyone else has noticed this lately. The other ships mentioned today were the Navigator and Adventure.

Just returned from Serenade where the Happy Hour was 4:30 until 8:00.

Edited by cruisenfever

Yes, Ricardo was in Concierge and Nadia in Diamond. Both waiting to hear if either one might get to go to the Liberty when it comes to Galveston

Ricardo can't go back to Texas until after the first week in December... Only because I will be on the Navigator I haven't had the opportunity to sail with him in a long time and always enjoy him as the Concierge :D

Yes, Ricardo was in Concierge and Nadia in Diamond. Both waiting to hear if either one might get to go to the Liberty when it comes to Galveston

Hope Ricardo gets to move to Liberty! He does such a fantastic job on these itineraries and deserves to stay closer to home, imho!

Raj will be back on Indy on Jan 25!!!

Gustavo should go home next week; don't know when he gets back; both should be onboard on your Feb cruise!

Have fun:)

I've heard good things about Raj, and nothing about Gustavo :) Is it an advantage that they both are on board?

thank you for your replies!

Could someone please answer the questions on the previous page about Voyager concierge and Ana on Allure's email. Thanks

I have been trying to find out who the diamond and suite concierges on the Voyager for a while now. No one seems to know who they are just who's not.

Edited by Jasp 0401

JJ will move to another ship 11/1 when Berty comes back to Freedom from vacation. She is unsure what ship, but if I find out before 10/25, I'll post an update.

Lounge happy hour on Freedom is still 4:30-8:00.

Thanks for the info -- I updated the Google Doc.

FR's happy hour are the same as they have been for a few years -- late seating is at 8 PM. Early seating is at 5:30 PM

Did you mean Nadia or Nadja? Nadja was our concierge for suites at the end of August on Navigator. She said she had put in to stay with Liberty. I wonder when they will hear since it is getting close now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi gang, we are on the Brilliance TA trying to get some help with a Northern lights watch. Huge group, 50 plus cabins,with suites and diamond plus down. Is Charmine the person to contact?

I'm curious if Charmaine helped you and your group. I recently sailed with her and would say, before I sail another RCI sailing, I want to make sure she isn't even anywhere on the ship. My first interaction with her years ago was bad and then to have to sail with her again and witness her behavior...., I now know she's just odd. I'm glad the CL had cameras. I had top management contact me and apologize profusely for her behavior and actions.

I agree that Charmaine was the worst concierge we have ever encountered on a Royal ship. We met her on the Oasis several years ago, and she was rude, discourteous, and downright unfriendly. It was the first and only time I have ever written a negative review of a Royal employee, but her behavior in the CL deserved a response. Surprised that she is still with the fleet. Maybe she has had an "attitude adjustment".

I'm curious if Charmaine helped you and your group. I recently sailed with her and would say, before I sail another RCI sailing, I want to make sure she isn't even anywhere on the ship. My first interaction with her years ago was bad and then to have to sail with her again and witness her behavior...., I now know she's just odd. I'm glad the CL had cameras. I had top management contact me and apologize profusely for her behavior and actions.

I agree that Charmaine was the worst concierge we have ever encountered on a Royal ship. We met her on the Oasis several years ago, and she was rude, discourteous, and downright unfriendly. It was the first and only time I have ever written a negative review of a Royal employee, but her behavior in the CL deserved a response. Surprised that she is still with the fleet. Maybe she has had an "attitude adjustment".

Our experience with her on Oasis was also negative. Disappointed to hear she's still in this position. Only concierge I've ever had anything negative to say about!

Glad I'm not alone in my take on Charmaine. If someone asked me to use one word to describe her, I would have to say arrogant.

I am really shocked that she is a concierge at all, whether in the D or CL. She's probably fine if you do not need to ask her anything. She really talks down to guests. She makes up her own rules and her take is that everyone is beneath her. My fear is she's been around a very long time. I truly hope she isn't training other new concierges. I say let the Amit, Mario, Alan, Andrew, Juan, and Oanas be a role model for the new concierges.

I even saw a suite guest come into the CL a tad panicked (their first cruise) asking about if they had to tender because they had a ship excursion. Rather than explain, Charmaine barked at them, "JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE TICKETS". geez. It may have been a dumb question to her, but not for a first time cruiser. Isn't that her job.

Oh well, most concierges are delightful and are very helpful.