Room Crawl Info needed please

stewiecruiser

December will be our very first cruise and we are getting super excited and planning!!

Our roll call is going to do a room crawl so I have some questions for you experienced cruisers. How do they normally work? I know the group goes to each cabin and has a shot or drink. What do people serve since you can only bring on board (2) 750 ml bottles of wine? Do you buy more liquor from the Bon Voyage Dept? Do you bring paper/plastic cups with you from home? Do you bring on snacks or do you serve food? If so what ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions:D!!

I did a cabin crawl last month. The folks who offered shots appeared to have purchased bottles through room service. They also had some cans of coke for mixing. One couple had made jello shots! not sure how they accomplished that, but they were gooood! At party city type stores you can buy bags of mini plastic shot glasses. One couple who work for the airlines brought little bags of peanuts and pretzels. So cute!

The "Organizer" should get 7 cabins to be host cabins. Usually start at the lowest deck and work your way up. And someone needs to have a chart to keep track of everyone's names and what card they draw in each cabin, so no one cheats and swaps cards during the crawl.

edit: I think

I assumed you were doing the cabin crawl involving poker. If not, ignore my comments about sheets of paper and cards, etc....

We had a fun cabin crawl on our halloween cruise. We had so many that we split into groups of 10 or 15 spaced 15 minutes apart. All the hosts were in the first group and as they got to their cabin they stayed there until the last group came through and then left with them. We were all able to participate in the crawl as well as host.

Instead of shots some folks offer prizes such as mardi gras beads, glow necklaces, tropical items, etc. This is good for those who don't drink. We had a cabin do the jello shots as well. They asked the room steward to empty the fridge and placed them in the night before.

It is a lot of fun and a great way to see other types of cabins. Hope you enjoy yours.

On the cabin crawls I have participated in people mostly brought treats of some kind from their state, like candy, bookmarks, etc. I have only been on one where jello shots were given out. It's really fun to get together with CC people and see different cabins. Usually it takes about an hour. We always had a poker game along with it where each person puts in $5 at the beginning, and we split the pot 60% to highest hand and 40% to second highest. It pretty much takes one person to coordinate the crawl, plan the order of rooms, etc. Lots of fun though! Nancy

We limit our crawl to 5 cabins and try to find unique ones, and end in a suite if possible. We do a BYOG (Bring your own glass). It's not hard to bring the one from you cabin or get one at a bar. Each cabin serves a splash of something and snacks are optional. We have so many people participating in our crawls that each cabin usually has a host and a co-host. One person is assigned to keep the crowd moving and we plan it for around 4ish which works for those with early seating, plus most people are not napping at that time.

We had a fun cabin crawl on our halloween cruise. We had so many that we split into groups of 10 or 15 spaced 15 minutes apart. All the hosts were in the first group and as they got to their cabin they stayed there until the last group came through and then left with them. We were all able to participate in the crawl as well as host.

Instead of shots some folks offer prizes such as mardi gras beads, glow necklaces, tropical items, etc. This is good for those who don't drink. We had a cabin do the jello shots as well. They asked the room steward to empty the fridge and placed them in the night before.

It is a lot of fun and a great way to see other types of cabins. Hope you enjoy yours.

Hi Stitch! :D The cabin crawl ran SO smoothly, thanks to your great planning!! To the OP, definitely do it in groups like she said...last year, while it was fun, we didn't go in groups and the rooms and hallways were jammed with all the participants! :D

Archived