Laundry on ship

skiladyldp

Hello, I know that the ships will have a washer and dryer on each deck but I was wondering if they offer laundry service specials that I understand other ships do. I have heard some of the other ships offer a bag of laundry for cleaning for about $50.00 at least once during the cruise. Thanks for any information.

On Nautica there was only one self-service laundry facility, on Deck 7. The only laundry special I recall was a day or two mid-cruise when they offered expedited service (i.e. same day vs overnight) at no extra charge for the ship to do laundry/dry cleaning. There were also several coupons in our stateroom for complimentary pressing. We were in a PH on a 10-day cruise if that makes a difference on what is offered. My husband used the laundry room once and sent a couple of items out for dry cleaning, but I never used the service so I didn't pay close attention if there were other specials. Folks w more experience on Oceania may have additional info for you.

Marina may be different? You didn't specify which ship.

Marina is the only ship so far to have a laundry room on each floor (so will Riviera come April). The "R" ships only have the Deck 7 laundry room.

I can remember ONE special on our various cruises, so I wouldn't count on anything coming down the pike! But you never know. (That special was $10 for everything you could stuff in the laundry bag as I recall, but that was quite a while ago.)

Mura

We gave up on the launderette. When we had sea days, the place was packed.........4 machines is not enough for an entire ship (our experience is on the R ships only.

The ship's laundry was fast and fairly priced IMO and our clothes came back in great shape. We did what hand laundry we could.

BTW, I can't find my laundry price list..........any recent cruisers recollect how much it cost to have a polo shirt laundered?

We gave up on the launderette. When we had sea days, the place was packed.........4 machines is not enough for an entire ship (our experience is on the R ships only.

The ship's laundry was fast and fairly priced IMO and our clothes came back in great shape. We did what hand laundry we could.

BTW, I can't find my laundry price list..........any recent cruisers recollect how much it cost to have a polo shirt laundered?

$2.50

b_003039.jpg

The ship's laundry was fast and fairly priced IMO and our clothes came back in great shape. We did what hand laundry we could

The secret -- from our perspective -- is in the timing. Agreed, on sea days the laundrette is packed all day.

We usually go into dinner relatively late, so going to do our laundry around 5:3-6pm usually worked out very well. (I'm talking about a non-sea day.)

Yes, it was easier on Marina to get a machine. But we really haven't had problems on the "R" ships.

(It was best for us when we had a Deck 7 cabin opposite the launderette ... but we now prefer to be on Deck 8 so that means running up and down to see when machines are available.)

I remember on our first cruise on the R2 (now Regatta) with Renaissance, on the first day there was a woman rushing in to do her laundry. Had she been touring through Europe for a week I'd have understood ... but she had just arrived.

So you never know ...

Mura

Archived