Questions, Courtyard by Marriot East in Fort Lauderdale

LynnAnne

Hi, We are staying at courtyard by Marriot east, got it thru priceline so have to keep it. Staying Feb 12th and 13th before our cruise. Thinking about renting a car but see its only a short distance from the airport and cruise port so the taxi shouldn't be to expensive. How much of a walk would it be to get to the water taxi?? or the beach?? Is it safe to walk to?? Is the beach a nice one?? Getting excited, really don't want to rent a car if we don't have to. Thanks for any info. Lynn

Hi, We are staying at courtyard by Marriot east, got it thru priceline so have to keep it. Staying Feb 12th and 13th before our cruise. Thinking about renting a car but see its only a short distance from the airport and cruise port so the taxi shouldn't be to expensive. How much of a walk would it be to get to the water taxi?? or the beach?? Is it safe to walk to?? Is the beach a nice one?? Getting excited, really don't want to rent a car if we don't have to. Thanks for any info. Lynn

There are multiple Courtyards in Ft. Lauderdale. One is near the airport, one is on Federal Highway, and one is on the beach. The one on the beach has easy access to the water taxi (about a 5-10 minute walk), plenty of food choices in walking distance, and the beach is across the street. This Courtyard is at 440 Seabreeze Blvd. The one you have booked is at 5001 Federal Highway, it really is not close to the water taxi. You would probably need to take a cab to the closest water taxi stop that is near Oakland Park Blvd. The closest beach will be in the Lauderdale-By-The-Sea area which is about a 5-8 minute cab ride. Cab fares from the airport to the hotel will be in the $24-$30 range and from the hotel to the cruise terminals about $20-$25.

I think you are staying at the Courtyard at 5001 N Federal Hwy., as that is what is called Courtyard Fort Lauderdale East on marriott.com.

It is not where you think. It is about 10 miles north of the port and a little more from FLL ($35 taxi approx each way). It is about 1.3 miles to the beach (straight down Commercial Blvd)...it is a nice beach with bars and restaurants, called Lauderdale by the Sea. It's a very safe neighborhood with sidewalks all the way to the beach. There are a few convenience stores/wine/liquor along the way. The closest water taxi stop is about 4 miles away at Shooters or Il Lugano. You should rent a car.

I think you are staying at the Courtyard at 5001 N Federal Hwy., as that is what is called Courtyard Fort Lauderdale East on marriott.com.

It is not where you think. It is about 10 miles north of the port and a little more from FLL ($35 taxi approx each way). It is about 1.3 miles to the beach (straight down Commercial Blvd)...it is a nice beach with bars and restaurants, called Lauderdale by the Sea. It's a very safe neighborhood with sidewalks all the way to the beach. There are a few convenience stores/wine/liquor along the way. The closest water taxi stop is about 4 miles away at Shooters or Il Lugano. You should rent a car.

Hi. I was just down your way earlier this month. I went to Shooters and the Chart House and had some good times. I was making a rough guess on the cab fares based on what I paid from the Courtyard at Ft. Lauderdale Beach ($20 one way). Thanks for giving a estimate on the cab fares, I'll trust you being a local. :D

Hi. I was just down your way earlier this month. I went to Shooters and the Chart House and had some good times. I was making a rough guess on the cab fares based on what I paid from the Courtyard at Ft. Lauderdale Beach ($20 one way). Thanks for giving a estimate on the cab fares, I'll trust you being a local. :D

As Jack Bower says, trust me :D

Archived