13 month old and Specialty Restaurants

kellylw

I tried searching for the answer, but am probably not using the right search terms.

I was considering taking my 13 month old with us to lunch at Johny Rockets, Rita's Cantina or even Giovanni's Table on our upcoming Allure Cruise (don't worry, we would avoid dinner!). I'm just wondering if we would have to pay the surcharge for him, especially if he eats from my plate. It wouldn't make the decision either way, but I just would like to know what to expect.

Thank you!

OK for Johnny Rockets but there are age limit posted with the others...there were last cruise when I went on line to book times. You can check it out. Things can always change in a heart beat when the dollar is the one in command. The little one will enjoy the crazy fun of JR

Opps! I was thinking of Sambas' which is $25pp and not Ritas' which is only a few dollars and very relaxed. Lunch would be good there...with the baby.

Thank you! Do you know if the surcharge would apply to a little one?

I could only imagine bringing him to Samba's! He started refusing meat when we switched to all solids, but he would love to throw it on the ground!

If you don't get an answer here, try an email RCI for an answer. I know that I read on Princess' website that children were not charged for in specialty restaurants if they ordered off of a children's menu or ate from the adult's plate. We intially had an RCI cruise booked and I had the same question, but I cancelled that cruise so the answer became unnecessary. To me it would be a waste to pay extra for DS if he was only going to be eating a bite here and there.

If you don't get an answer here, try an email RCI for an answer. I know that I read on Princess' website that children were not charged for in specialty restaurants if they ordered off of a children's menu or ate from the adult's plate. We intially had an RCI cruise booked and I had the same question, but I cancelled that cruise so the answer became unnecessary. To me it would be a waste to pay extra for DS if he was only going to be eating a bite here and there.

Thank you! I'll do that next. I agree about it being a waste of money, but I think we would spend more if we put him in the nursery if we decided to go without him, at least for those restaurants.

Thank you! I'll do that next. I agree about it being a waste of money, but I think we would spend more if we put him in the nursery if we decided to go without him, at least for those restaurants.

Very true. I didn't even consider the nursery cost. I was concerned about being able to bring juice & water onboard RCI for DS (since many on the RCI boards will tell you this is not allowed), so I emailed RCI. I got a response back within a couple of days assuring me that I could bring anything that I needed onboard for DS. I was planning on printing this and taking it with me in case I encountered any problems. You can always do the same thing.

Enjoy your cruise.

Very true. I didn't even consider the nursery cost. I was concerned about being able to bring juice & water onboard RCI for DS (since many on the RCI boards will tell you this is not allowed), so I emailed RCI. I got a response back within a couple of days assuring me that I could bring anything that I needed onboard for DS. I was planning on printing this and taking it with me in case I encountered any problems. You can always do the same thing.

Enjoy your cruise.

Great Idea!

You too!

Archived