booking excursions, charged now or to OB acct.?

TBird1

I went to book our excursions last night (thru the ship) and it asked for a cc. I was under the impression that these would be added to our onboard acct and didn't need to be paid for until after the cruise. I don't want to charge them now if I don't have to as we just had our final payment charged, but I also don't want to miss out on a couple of the more popular excursions we want. Is the cc just for reserving and no actual charge is made? It was not that clear...so I thought I'd ask here before continuing.

P.S. I know that it's the most expensive option to book these thru the cruiseline. This is our first cruise ever and first time in the caribbean so we don't want to take a chance of missing the ship if we book elsewhere since we have absolutely no idea what to expect at any of these places.

P.P.S. We're on the Feb. 11 sailing on serenade.

Thank You! I guess maybe I'll book some of the popular ones now then and wait on the others!

What a nice first cruise! We booked our excursion to St. John's the first day of the cruise. We boarded around 11 AM, and I went to the Explorations Desk right after we had lunch in the Windjammer. There was no one in line and it took less than 5 minutes to book. Very easy. Enjoy your vacation :).

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone! I ended up booking them all, it ended up being less than I expected and I didn't want to chance them being sold out. So excited for February!

Good job!:cool: Now you will be stress free and isn't that what a cruise vacation is about?;)

Archived