Camp Carnival and Dinner

travln1234

Hi, hoping someone can help me with how the Camp Carnival program works around dinner time. We're trying to figure out how to watch shows with kids and dinner in the mix. Eat with the kids and then take them to Camp Carnival or take them first, watch the shows first, and eat later? Or any time dining? Kids are young, though, so a later dinner time is probably not ideal.

I read somewhere that made it sound like some people have their kids eat at Camp Carnival...not an option for us, we're there as a family and will eat meals together. We just want to enjoy the shows that we know our kids won't sit for.

Thanks!

My girl is 8 now. I have been taking her on cruises with me since she was 2. I used to do the early seating so that I could eat with her--and when that was a little much we would do the buffet. Then she would go some nights after that to the kids club and I would get in the evening activities that I could!! As she has gotten older, some nights Carnival will do a special theme dinner--and she chose to do that instead of eat with me. On those nights I make sure that we spend the day (either by the pool or in port) together. On the seven day cruises, they ususally make a big deal out of dinner with the kids on formal nights so that al least once on the cruise it would be OK to send them there for dinner! Anyway you choose it, your children will have a great time and this will make great memories for them!! I can't say enough good things about Camp Carnival---but that's just my opinion:)!!

We usually do anytime dining, we go to dinner as a family, then take the kids to camp (they'd rather be there the whole cruise because they have so much fun). Some nights they have "make your own pizza" parties in camp and the kids (7 & 10) beg to do that, so they eat with camp and we get a nice date. When the camp eats together they are in their own private part of the dining room (buffet dining room). Also, on some nights camp takes the kids to the shows as a group (magician, jugglers, etc) and then later the magician will come to camp to show them some tricks.

My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE cruising because of camp and all of the fun activities!

My kids have now aged out of Camp Carnival (youngest will be in Circle C on our next cruise), but we've been through all the Camp Carnival age groups. Our kids actually prefer the dining room - as much as they enjoyed Camp Carnival, they really like the dining room experience (even the now-15 YO who still orders pizza or chicken fingers for dinner in the dining room:rolleyes:) and didn't want to have dinner with Camp Carnival. We've generally gone for early seating, then taken the kids to Camp Carnival after dinner. Then we go to the shows, or listen to music, or go up on deck. Your Time Dining would work as well - you can have dinner as early as 5:45.

Archived