Movie Theaters on RCL?

There were movie theaters on both of our recent cruises. The deck plans are available for each ship (except Freedom) showing all the amenities for each, including the theaters. I do know that they've reduced the amount of space the theaters have taken up on some ships, so it seems that that amenity is decreasing in popularity, a bad sign for their future.

Speaking from only Voyager-class experience, all the voyager-class ships have a movie screening room. It is located on deck 2 directly under the show theatre. They only show movies I think once a day, according to the compass. They will show a different movie everyday and the movies seem to be new movies, but they are what I call, in between's. They have run their course in movie theaters but they haven't yet gone to video. When we were on Explorer last year we went and watched Tomb Raider 2/The Cradle of Life, and to my recollection it hadn't been released on video yet. They kind of make the movie screening room a novelty because all the movies they show in there during the week, they also show constantly everyday on your stateroom TV. The only reason we went and watched was because we didn't want to get off the ship in Nassau and were just wanting to relax.

My understanding: Sovereign class ships HAD movie theatres but they've been removed. Vision Class ships do not have movie theatres. Radiance & Voyager Class ship do have them.

-Monte

If they arent equipped with a movie theatre they play movies in the show lounges (it's almost better because you can stretch out AND they serve drinks!!). Where did you hear about this drive in idea? Who's driving where? Is it like on Princesses Caribbean Princess where they have a big LED screen by the pool and have movies under the stars?

Where did you hear about this drive in idea? Who's driving where? Is it like on Princesses Caribbean Princess where they have a big LED screen by the pool and have movies under the stars?

I heard about it on the web so I know it's true. Not like Princess. I mean a regular drive in. Ya know, pull up to the speaker and hang it from the window. None of these new high falutin' driveins that get the sound through the radio.

They'll be on the back 40. That the 40 acres on the fantail near the Nascar track.

-Monte

I heard about it on the web so I know it's true. Not like Princess. I mean a regular drive in. Ya know, pull up to the speaker and hang it from the window. None of these new high falutin' driveins that get the sound through the radio.

They'll be on the back 40. That the 40 acres on the fantail near the Nascar track.

-Monte

Good one Monte!! Thanks for the laughs :D :D

###

Archived