Boxed Wine on Carnival Miracle?

suep

I know passengers over 21 are allowed to carry on 1 bottle of wine per person. There will be 6 of us in our group and my husband and I are the only wine drinkers. Rather than each passenger bringing 1 bottle of wine, would it be possible to bring one small box (i.e. Black Box) of wine? Has anyone been able to do this out of the Port of Ft. Lauderdale?

Most ports are pretty strict about you only bringing on a 750ml sized bottle. I've heard stories of 2 people bringing a 1.75 lt bottle and it not being allowed on because it wasn't a 750 ml bottle. They even tried to convince them that 2 750 ml bottles equal a 1.75 lt bottle but no go. Personally I wouldn't risk it.

every one of our last 4 cruises we have each (3 of us) put a 3L box of wine in our checked luggage without having an issue. our very last cruise, 4 of us did....2 other were too scared to get caught....when all of our luggage arrived with wine intact, the other two were peeved they didn't at least try.

It is the 1st thing I look for when the luggage is delivered, but each time I wonder if this will be the last because it is strictly prohibited. We buy plenty of drinks onboard...LOVE LOVE LOVE my DOD's...and we don't mind buying other drinks as well, I just like having my wine with me when getting ready for dinner....sitting on balcony....having friends over...etc.

every one of our last 4 cruises we have each (3 of us) put a 3L box of wine in our checked luggage without having an issue. our very last cruise, 4 of us did....2 other were too scared to get caught....when all of our luggage arrived with wine intact, the other two were peeved they didn't at least try.

It is the 1st thing I look for when the luggage is delivered, but each time I wonder if this will be the last because it is strictly prohibited. We buy plenty of drinks onboard...LOVE LOVE LOVE my DOD's...and we don't mind buying other drinks as well, I just like having my wine with me when getting ready for dinner....sitting on balcony....having friends over...etc.

Do you also have a bottle of wine in your carry on? Or do you just count on the boxed wine in your checked luggage?

Table beside us last week on Destiny brought on 1.5 lt bottles and had them in the dining room sitting right there on the table.

We had one person in our group of 5 adults carry on all five bottles. AND we got separated during checkin so I'm sure we could have carried more. This friend was STOCKED with liquor in her carry on that was searched. They found some and she got on with Pint of Vodka, Pint of Rum and three nips of grand mariner (along with the five bottles of wine).

She lived near port of Miami and we traveled by bus. The plan was to split it up but we forgot all about it till Security.

Archived