bus information

oceanseagle12

I am looking at options for St Martin, thinking about whether to book a tour, rent a car, or use combination of bus/taxi.

As of right now, we are thinking of going to Marigot in the morning, checking out Sarafina's, and Fort St Louis. At some point, we'd like to stop at Maho if traffic isn't too much of an issue. The rest will depend on time, and we would be fine if this is all we did and went back to Philipsburg.

So with that in mind, any suggestions? I've read that the bus will go from Philipsburg to Marigot, but haven't seen any information on exactly where to catch it.

Can I also take the bus from Marigot to Maho, then back to Philipsburg?

We took the bus in January 2011 and it worked fine. Not sure how the road construction with the attendant traffic delays is affecting bus service, though. You should be able to take the bus to Marigot without a problem--you catch it on Back Street in Phillipsburg. I believe that you would have to change to take two buses to get to Maho and where you would transfer depends on how the traffic is currently routed. Getting back from Maho could take a long time and not sure how many buses are running due to delays.

Archived