turtles, right?

AngieBoraBora

We are going to be in Barbados in January on our first cruise. we are visiting st thomas, barbados, st kits, st lucia, and st martin. Im looking at the tours on carnival and it seems almost ever place has similar tours. sailing/snorkeling trip, island tour, beach day, shopping. We are going to do something different in each port so what is Barbados big attraction? it looks like it's the turtles, or is there something else that's better. I want to go a sailing trip in one port for sure. Im looking for calm waters and i odn't want a crowdes boat. the big party boats dont appeal to me, im not 20 years old looking for a party. Im on vacation and i want to enjoy it. We are looking at http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/413067 Is this a party boat?

we think alike! don't wanna do the same thing at each port! For barbados we chose to go on a cat. for the turtles... it seems snorkelling in barbados is good. St Lucia, sightseeing tour might be good. my own opinions.

The boat you look at is similar to the one i booked, normally 10-20 people, you can check tripadvisor's recommendation, price is from 80-92.5USD.. so cheaper!! and some boats take only 8 guests!:)

Hey AngieBoraBora,

When i stopped in Barbados me and my wife did the Jolly Roger - which is predominantly a party boat. HOWEVER, the day we went it was quite quiet (maybe 50 people) and on a boat that can hold 300 there was plenty of room to space out and enjoy yourselves. We contemplated other trips like Cool Runnings, Jammin or Calabaza but decided to go with the Jolly. We ended up at a place called Paynes(sp?) Bay, were given all the snorkeling stuff and saw about 5 turtles in all. They are so friendly and truly amazing creatures it was such an experience!

Search for them on facebook because a guy on the boat takes pictures every trip so you can have a good laugh the next day and save the memories. All in all, it was brilliant!

Angie, If you want a tour with smaller numbers you want to go with Silver Moon, Calabaza and Shasa (in no particular order). The first two are the legends in the Barbados limited number cruise business and you will see many posts on Cruise Critic about them! I recently blogged about Calabaza in fact: http://barbados-blog.org/2011/11/15/...es-is-awesome/

Shasa is a relative newcomer, but the Owner/Captain has been in this business for years and in fact used to be on Silver Moon. They provide exceptional service and like Calabaza, the owner is always on board. You can see a list of most tour operators here: http://bookitbarbados.com/category/boat-tours/

I have done independent tours before and always prefer a smaller group with a bit less alcohol influence...... I am not in my 20's anymore either:D My question is where is the pick up from the port and how do I find any of this tours? Thank you in advance.

We are going to be in Barbados in January on our first cruise. we are visiting st thomas, barbados, st kits, st lucia, and st martin. Im looking at the tours on carnival and it seems almost ever place has similar tours. sailing/snorkeling trip, island tour, beach day, shopping. We are going to do something different in each port so what is Barbados big attraction? it looks like it's the turtles, or is there something else that's better. I want to go a sailing trip in one port for sure. Im looking for calm waters and i odn't want a crowdes boat. the big party boats dont appeal to me, im not 20 years old looking for a party. Im on vacation and i want to enjoy it. We are looking at http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/413067 Is this a party boat?

I would reccomend Calabaza , we just came back from the Victory , our 12 th cruise BEST excursion ever , I never even got off the the boat. We are in our 50's had a mixed group of older and younger but we had a blast. Gina is the best hostess and her crew was great. I have some health problems and chose not to snorkle so they brought the turtles to back of the boat where i just sat and hung my feet in the clear waters , they served me food and Rum punch or beers , it was the best tour . So pretty calm waters . Just a great day we didnt want to leave . Gina even friended us on Facebook and talks to us reguarly and keeps asking when we are coming back.:):)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was just in Barbados on Dec 15th with Carnival Victory i booked my excursion seperatly with Silver Moon Tours i suggest you do it too. It will not be as crowded at the Carnival one and the people are great on the ship they have a 24 or a 15 person catamaran great food and banana bread carrot cake chicken rice salad macaroni pie mmm was so good I will do this again for sure

We will be doing a turtle swim on our own. Going to Paynes beach. The tour boats are just off shore for their turtles swim.

Last time in Barbados took a Cat tour Had a Kid from another boat jump off and landed on my back. At times where they do their swims and snorkeling looks like downtown D.C. durning the rush hour. Also there is so many swimmers it is hard to get good shots of the turtles and fish.

Barbados 18 Jan

Paul

15 Jan Victory cruise sails

17 days to go

I was just in Barbados on Dec 15th with Carnival Victory i booked my excursion seperatly with Silver Moon Tours i suggest you do it too. It will not be as crowded at the Carnival one and the people are great on the ship they have a 24 or a 15 person catamaran great food and banana bread carrot cake chicken rice salad macaroni pie mmm was so good I will do this again for sure

I have seen shazzy's pics of this excursion and they are breath taking.

Archived