Jewel SR 8668

Hello just a few questions from some that may have stayed in or visited this room. Is there any aft elevators, it seems like such a long way back from the midship ones and I am traveling in a wheel chair? Ive heard the balcony is huge others say its tiny?? Any pictures that are the lager ones, and not the small attachments as shown in a few threads I have found as I can't really see them.

Thanks for any helpful information in advance.

Sherri

As the previous poster said, there are no aft elevators, it is quite a walk to the closest stairs/elevator. We actually just stayed in 8668 so I can give you my thoughts on the cabin, FWIW. Myself and my fiance and her parents were originally booked in two separate balcony cabins and were upgraded to the the two-bedroom family suite. We thought it was a no-brainer to take the upgrade, however, in hindsight we probably should have stuck with our original cabins.

The cabin itself is pretty good sized, but it is oddly laid out. Much of the living room area is wasted and it is not a very "comfortable" area to hang out. The Master bedroom is good sized with a nice bathroom. The other bedroom is very small (and has no TV) and the second bathroom is not accessible from the second bedroom. If you are just having kids stay in there, its' probably not a big deal, but not an ideal setup for two sets of adults. The balcony is good sized, although it is also oddly shaped and so much of the space is somewhat wasted, in my opinion.

Probably my biggest complaint, however, was the constant motion being in the back of the boat. We didn't have bad weather by any means, but there were always constant waves and even when you couldn't feel any movement towards the middle of the ship, you could always feel some in the cabin. The worst was when we got back to Tampa our last day and the entire cabin shook while we were approaching the dock.

Overall the cabin was fine, as an upgrade, but I couldn't imagine paying the full price for it or choosing it over anything over any other kind of suite. And just a little more about the suite "perks" the concierge lounge was nice, but is quite small so we didn't spend a lot of time in there. The breakfast in chops was a big disappointment as the service was really poor and the food was good, but not a lot better than the Windjammer.

Archived