Waiter Request?

JdoggCruiser

When we were on the Liberty last April we had the best waiter that we had ever had. When I spoke to him last he was going to be on the Liberty again this April. Is there a way to request to be in his seating area? I know that it is a long shot.

I dont think you can request it thru Carnival.. but you can go see the M'd when you board at the appropriate time to find out if you are in their section.. and if not you can make a request to be:)

Yep, I think you stand a pretty good chance of being assigned your waiter. On embarkation day, the Maitre 'd is usually available for requests from 12:30 or so, in the dining room. Check the "Fun Times" or go to the pursers desk when you board to check the time, and place. Run over and see him/her and request the waiter of your choice. If he's got a table, or a couple of chairs at one of his tables, I'll bet you can be reassigned. The Maitre 'd LOVES to hear about excellent service given by one of his staff, and is more than happy, to keep you even happier!

Have a GREAT cruise, and enjoy that super service in the dining room! ;)

"SKY"

On a recent cruise ran into a great waiter from a previous cruise.

We asked if we could be put into his section but he was full.

Waiter suggested we ask to be put in his section on one of the days he was doing breakfast in the DR. Did that several times during our cruise.

When we were on the Liberty last April we had the best waiter that we had ever had. When I spoke to him last he was going to be on the Liberty again this April. Is there a way to request to be in his seating area? I know that it is a long shot.

JH helped us reconnect with our wait staff - we had such a great group on Liberty that my youngest daughter asked to cruise Liberty again a couple months later for her birthday. We got a great pack-n-go special, so were able to swing it, and sent a message to John Heald asking to see if we could be placed back with our team. The team had since been split - one of the assistant waiters was promoted, one ended up having to go home early due to a family emergency, but the two that were there knew where we were seated and came to say hello on the first night. We saw them several times over the course of the cruise - it was really nice, felt like "old home" week - and the wait staff that was "new to us" worked even harder to please us than normal, which was just amazing, knowing that we had asked for others - all in all, it worked out very well for us. Just know that they do move staff around sometimes, so you can't be guaranteed that your team is still together, even if they are all on the same ship.

Archived