Victory - Worried About Cabin Choice

wbsander

I recently booked a cruise on Victory 12/26/11, sort of a last minute vacation after we found out that my wife is stuck working 12/24 & 25, but then off for a 10 day stretch.

Booked a balcony on Verandah deck, 8353, choices were pretty limited in balconies. My main concern at the time was being close to the elevators, but now after reading a few reviews I am very worried about the noise from the Lido deck above, and wondering if I should try to move, or if its just a matter of bringing earplugs.

I should add that its my wife and I and our 10 yr old daughter, who will be in an upper. The cabin appears to be below the Chinese Restaurant area of the Lido deck, close to the midship elevators. We are more morning than night people generally, and will probably generally be back in our cabin by 11 or so (other than New Years Eve), and usually will be getting up at 7 or 8, at the latest.

So my question to all you experts is, how concerned should I be about this location, and should I be trying to make a change, even if it costs a few hundred bucks or more? Thanks in advance for giving me the benefit of all the CC experience!

Archived