Your favorite things to do - places to eat

lovevacadays

DH and I love to have lunch at Poncho's Backyard. It's at the end of the major downtown street, within a lovely shopping store. We usually take a cab in to downtown and walk the strip ending with a marvelous meal - then walk back to burn off the calories!

DH and I love to have lunch at Poncho's Backyard. It's at the end of the major downtown street, within a lovely shopping store. We usually take a cab in to downtown and walk the strip ending with a marvelous meal - then walk back to burn off the calories!

I second the recommendation of Poncho's Backyard. DH & I just spent a week on Cozumel (non-cruise vacation) and we ate there 3 times. And if you like good Italian food, try Guido's. Also on the main street downtown about a block or so south of Poncho's.

Poncho's Backyard is in the Los Cinco Soles store, which is one of the nicest places to buy souvenirs. I bought quite a few Christmas presents there.

If you want to get away from the crowds, rent a car for a day and drive to the East side of the island if the weather is nice. The East side is not a place for swimming, but walking deserted beaches and stopping in at the small beach clubs/restaurants for drinks/appetizers is great. (You could actually drive the whole loop in a hour without stops.) With a car, you can also go to Punta Sur, and visit the lighthouse and swim/snorkel at an uncrowded beach.

Archived