Dream dry docked when?

crazy4cruisn

I was reading on a post that the Dream would be drydocked after the next sailing. WE are looking at a July Alaska cruise and wonder if it will be drydocked before then? The latest reviews have been pretty rough about the Dream; any positive comments? We have only sailed on NCL's Sky a few years ago. I understand that it is now renamed the Pride of America or Aloha. It was a very nice ship and we enjoyed the cruise very much.

Take a look at http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/You can search for ports or ships with various date ranges. If you search for the Dream, then click on the date column to arrange it by dates, you can see there is nothing scheduled between April 3rd and April 19th. That would look like a good candidate for drydock.

Kinda interesting to search and put them in order to see where various ships will be. You can also search by port to see who and how many ships will be in port on the same day.

Sorry wasanokie and HCF...your both wrong!..NCL Dream will depart New Orleans on May 5th 2005 for a a 15 day repositioning cruise to Los Angeles, arriving on the 15th of May, then on the 16th of May will depart Los Angeles for Vancouver and arrive on the 19th of May to begin the 2005 Alaska cruise this summer. I know this because I will be boarding her on the 19th. and at one point was going to take her from Los Angeles to Vancouver which is about ten miles from where I live then cotinue on with the Alaska cruise. But was told by NCL (and others) that it is against Maritime Law to take back to back cruises unless the vessel stops in a foriegn port. I had thought that Vancouver was a foriegn port, but its not because of how close its to Seattle. Went round and round with everyone on that issue an lost out. Everything I have stated here can be verified with NCL directly. This best info is directly from the cruise lines and not some post. Even on NCL's WEB site they have dropped the cruise from LA because it has been sold out..no need to list it on the site..right...belive me call them (its free) and repeat the info listed above..you will see I am right! I have been following the Dream since 11/2005. I know exactly what its schedule is and I am planning to go down to the Port of LA when it comes in May on its trip up the coast. So as you can see thiere are NO plans to Dry Dock her in May.

Just go to NCL.com and look up the intineraries for the Dream. You will see the missing weeks. I assume this is when the ship will be drydocked.

Norwegian Dream

NEW - 2005: 23, 30, Feb 6, 13, 20, 27, Mar 6, 13, 20, 27, Apr 24

Hcf is correct. The Dream is in drydock and will sail out of N.O for a 5 day Western Caribbean cruise on April 19th, then a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise on April 24th. Then it goes through the Pannama Canal up to L>A. sailing out of L.A for a 3 day Pacific Coastal May 16th to Vancouver where it will begin it's first Alaska Cruise on May 19th!!!! All this info is from the current 2005,2006 NCL Books and their webiste.

We're new to crusing, going on our first cruise on the Dream in July. Does anyone know what is being done to the Dream while in drydock? Is this common practice? Just curious. Looking forward to Alaska this summer. Thanks.

From the website I posted above, http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn, you can search and see that the Dream returned to New Orleans at 8 am on 4/3. It doesnt leave on the next cruise till 4/19. Certainly looks like dry dock time to me. And looks like it was confirmed by checking out the bridge cam.

Date Arrive Depart

Norwegian Cruise Line 4/3/2005 8:00:00 AM

Norwegian Cruise Line 4/19/2005 5:30:00 PM

They are sprucing it up and redying it for the Alaska trips this summer. Also scheduled maintenance and rumor has it that it is having engines repaired or replaced and stabilizers repaired/replaced/or added.

I am supposed to sail April 19th when she first gets back from dry dock on a 5 day from New Orleans. There are rumors she won't be ready in time. On another thread someone said his buddy is on board and they have run across more problems than they anticipated. NCL is denying that as of this morning. We'll see.

She is definitely in dry dock at Mobile, I live close to Mobile and know the port very well. I'm scheduled to leave Tuesday, April 19th on the Dream for cruise out of New Orleans to Mexico. We were told there was a rumor it wasn't going to be ready and all kinds of things but we have our tickets, called to check out the rumor and was told it is only a rumor, nothing more. It is only a two hour drive from Mobile to New Orleans by car so it won't be a long trip to get it from Mobile to New Orleans at all. I'm sure it will be in New Orleans Tuesday when we get there to board. Hope this helps!

Archived