Costa Rica kayak excursion

Tender Lee

If its the same one i did 2 years ago then it's a 2 person kayak. I signed up as a single and one of my tablemates ended up going. we partnered up. Not too hard and the water was pretty calm. we paddled out from the docking area down a smaller river to a larger one and then out to the coast. we made a few stops along the way to see the some of the animals along the shore. we got out at the coast for a break and then headed back. Our tour guide was a sweetheart and very good looking (also very married). they had a place to change and a place to shop and drink. It was all based at a hotel site (not a typical u.s. hotel but several cabins spread out on the grounds). Go to the costa rica thread and see if anyone has reviewed it there.

Just a suggestion to check the type of kayak beforehand. My DH and I went on the excursion in Panama Canal not knowing that the kayak was a flat type with seating on top, not down in as we were used to. After 15 min. our backs hurt so much we had to call over the rescue boat...but it turned out fine as the 2 native young men in charge took us to edges of the forest where we saw many monkeys and other wildlife - they had the calls down pat to attract them. Costa Rica is one of our favorite places.

Archived