Benefit from pre purchase drink package vs wait until onboard???

Virginoftheseas

Are there any benefits to purchasing drink packages prior to boarding vs waiting until onboard?

Other than the required pre booked packages.

The beer and wine packages are only available pre- sail and both are very good deals.

The liquor package is only available on board.

The beer and wine packages are only available pre- sail and both are very good deals.

The liquor package is only available on board.

Agreed. We pre-sail purchased wine, beer and soda packages. The prices are very good and it feels like you are drinking for free all cruise! The tickets they give you weren't difficult to use and were happily accepted at all bars and restaurants.

Agreed. We pre-sail purchased wine, beer and soda packages. The prices are very good and it feels like you are drinking for free all cruise! The tickets they give you weren't difficult to use and were happily accepted at all bars and restaurants.

So you could drink wine in bars ??? I been told its only in MDR:confused:

So you could drink wine in bars ??? I been told its only in MDR:confused:

Sorry for the confusion. You could only order wine in the MDR's. Beer and soda were available at all bars including the buffet bars. Soda was available in MDR's. Beer and late night pizza buffet was good!

On Poesia last week there were several drink packages available from any of the bars on-board ship. I don't know what nole is talking about. I will have to look to see if the flyer they passed out the first day is at home.

This is a fact: On the first night I bought a peter pan package and an alcoholic drink package. I bought them in the Zebra Lounge. There was at least one other beer package available and I think there were two. I didn't pay attention to wine but You could probably get wine in the wine bar(To make an outrageous assumption).

We got 7 bottles of wine 3 white 3 red 1 rose they were vouchers & can only be used in the restaurant with your meal at night for £112. i don't think that has have gone up for next year...son had the cheers package but all in the cabin have to buy as well his was £93 but it has gone up a lot for next year ........i am hoping to get the big package which will cost us an arm & a leg next year:eek: but i want to sit in a lounge & have a nice drink when i want :D

The peter pan package is 10- or 12(I don't recall) coupons for $25 that are good for any non-alcoholic drinks. It is good for virgin cocktails and milkshakes as well as sodas.

We purchased that pkg last year on board. It is a great value. We prebook beverages this year. It is showing up on our cruise edocs as purchased. I wasn't sure if they would be available on board so we preordered.

• 4 weeks later...
We purchased that pkg last year on board. It is a great value. We prebook beverages this year. It is showing up on our cruise edocs as purchased. I wasn't sure if they would be available on board so we preordered.

This past March for our Magnifica cruise my DH and I prebooked the AI package online and loved it! It was so nice to be able to have whatever we wanted and knowing that it was already paid for!

But I have just booked on the Poesia for this coming September and I can't find the AI package offered on MSC's website - just the various soda, beer and wine coupon books...

Any clues where I am going wrong? I've been on both the US site as we booked thru a US TA and also the UK site.

If we can book the package onboard I'll be happy to have it but I'd much rather book it online and have it all paid for before we go!

Railwaylass"

"Any clues where I am going wrong? I've been on both the US site as we booked thru a US TA and also the UK site."

You have to phone UK Office to Order the Package at least 21 days prior to sailing. After ordering ask to be put through to accounts to pay.

see #6 on the link below

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1488929&highlight=drink+prices

Reading these forums it would appear that the drinks packages are on then off, You have to be lucky to actually get them. But once paid for "You have them"

The drink package is avail on the cruise as was the non alcoholic drink package. I think one was 62 and the other was 25. The wine package is the best package and can only be done precruise. My friends got the 10 bottle package( 10 night cruise) and they ran out of the red that was in their package so they were able to pick from the higher priced wines. On their receipt each night the package wine said 18$ a bottle and when they got the better one it said 28$, and they paid $10 per bottle. Yes, you can only have it in the main dining room.

Right after I booked MSC Orchestra in the Med next April, I received a call from an MSC rep in Florida asking if I had any questions. (That really impressed me!) I have sent her an e-mail asking about the drink packages and hopefully I can report back on them soon.

Railwaylass"

"Any clues where I am going wrong? I've been on both the US site as we booked thru a US TA and also the UK site."

You have to phone UK Office to Order the Package at least 21 days prior to sailing. After ordering ask to be put through to accounts to pay.

see #6 on the link below

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1488929&highlight=drink+prices

Reading these forums it would appear that the drinks packages are on then off, You have to be lucky to actually get them. But once paid for "You have them"

Thanks very much for the info! It's package 415 that I want, as I like the froo-froo cocktails, lol! My DH and I had a lot of fun on the Magnifica last March trying all sorts of cocktails we had never heard of.

I will e-mail my TA first and then if necessary ring MSC periodically until I catch them on a day when the package is available :p

Archived