Rhapsody Of The Seas dry dock

bowie123

It does boggle the mind. I was very fortunate in having booked 8588 long ago and then called my TAs cell phone first thing Sat AM to have her move it to 8596 after reading this thread. Luckily 8596 was still available. I certainly would not use a TA unless she had weekend availability via cell.

I sympathize with all who were not as fortunate.

It does boggle the mind. I was very fortunate in having booked 8588 long ago and then called my TAs cell phone first thing Sat AM to have her move it to 8596 after reading this thread. Luckily 8596 was still available. I certainly would not use a TA unless she had weekend availability via cell.

I sympathize with all who were not as fortunate.

I have my TA's cell, home, and work numbers. This was not his oversight. Unfortunately for me, I didn't see the change until 11 PM Saturday night.

As it was, my TA spent from 8AM Sunday until 7 PM trying to get us moved back to the cabin we had reserved, and paid for.

This whole affair is RCI's fault, completely and absolutely. Neither you, me, our our travel agents should have to sit on RCI's website to insure that RCI handles our reservation in an appropriate manner.

I'm happy that you were able to retain your cabin.

Not to minimize the incredible hassle this situation is creating for people having their cabins changed, but not all JS cabins have their numbers changed. Only the JS cabins aft of the centrum have new numbers.

It's difficult for me to believe that someone who has had a cabin booked for over a year is being moved because of incompetence. All they had to do was simply change the stateroom number on existing bookings to the newly assigned stateroom number, BEFORE letting any new stateroom numbers go on sale. There has to be a point when new inventory is loaded into their booking computer, so what's so hard about making a quick clerical change before the new inventory is loaded? Boggles the mind.

They loaded the new inventory before they even made C&A aware of the new deck plans. And when the rep pulled my reservation up on Saturday (after the new deck plan was available on the retail site), she was still looking at the old deck plans. Fortunately for me, she was willing to listen to me, find out what was going on and follow through to ensure that we kept our cabin.

I hope that RCI quickly realizes the mess they've created and puts everybody back where they belong. I have two friends who are booked on cruises on RH, and one of them is in the middle of the Polyesian Islands, so blissfully unaware of what's going on, unless she's interrupted her vacation to read my email.

I was wondering if the cabins were blocked off so they could make the transition, but Bill's experience makes me think otherwise.

Papakaiser - I am speechless that this is the best they could do for you; like critterchick, I think they should have been offering the OBC to the NEW tenant of your aft corner - I was watching closely for the new plans so I could see how they would affect me, since I had booked a fourth deck ocean view next to the Champagne Lounge for Honolulu to Vancouver this year - I chose it in January 2011, mostly because I've had and loved that location before and the Rhapsody library was my favorite spot on ANY RCI ship. When I read about the refurbishment; welcome as I knew it would be; I also knew my library would be gone - and the nature of the (rather quiet) Champagne Lounge would be considerably changed.

When I actually saw the deck plans Saturday night with the new numbers on Deck 8 aft, I KNEW that of course no one with a stern/fantail (as my retired Navy DH calls it) cabin would lose it; that of course it would be sorted out to return everyone to their initially chosen location - To learn from these postings that these staterooms were resold and the original

selections made over a YEAR AGO WOULD NOT BE HONORED IS JUST MIND BOGGLING (caps by mistake, but I'm leaving them in)

A mistake was made and the way to fix it is to tell the new people there was an error - give a Goodwill OBC and put everyone back where they belong - AND nip it in the bud NOW before they sell anymore.

I could have upgraded to 8094 a week ago - that number is STILL available - had I made the jump, because it was center stern then, I'd be around the bend now in more ways than one.

The one benefit this has been for me is to make the changes affecting me seem quite acceptable - I'd rather give up the library than even imagine

ANYONE losing a corner (or any other aft) joyfully anticipated for over a year. Actually I did have the same 8094 on the May 11 Alaska following - but had to cancel that B2B because of the Passenger Vessel Act - and I'd have been around the bend for that as well - (as someone assuredly is now).

In finally closing I would like to commend you for your graciousness about this - I consider myself a nice person, but couldn't come close in your position . . . .

I wish for you what you should have in the end - and that everyone affected be made whole -

Please excuse me for what may be an unreadable rant - BUT . . . Nancy

They loaded the new inventory before they even made C&A aware of the new deck plans. And when the rep pulled my reservation up on Saturday (after the new deck plan was available on the retail site), she was still looking at the old deck plans. Fortunately for me, she was willing to listen to me, find out what was going on and follow through to ensure that we kept our cabin.

I hope that RCI quickly realizes the mess they've created and puts everybody back where they belong. I have two friends who are booked on cruises on RH, and one of them is in the middle of the Polyesian Islands, so blissfully unaware of what's going on, unless she's interrupted her vacation to read my email.

I was wondering if the cabins were blocked off so they could make the transition, but Bill's experience makes me think otherwise.

The cabins were not blocked off. I went to bed last night on a sort of low boil, and woke up in pretty much the same mode. After stewing at work all day, I needed to vent just a bit, so I called RCI's Corporate Guest Relations when I got home.

The first agent listened, and told me that my old cabin number was showing as open, and that her chart STILL showed it as a corner aft. I mentioned to her that she had bad information, and that she needed to do some research.

The next lady that came on the line said that since I had accepted their onboard credit offer, they had closed the case, and there was nothing more she could do, except rescind the onboard credit, and offer nothing in return. What I wanted was an explanation of what had happened, and what office had caused the whole mess. On to agent number 3.

The last agent that came on listened, and suggested he call the new owner's of the corner aft, to see if they would like to switch. I mentioned that had been attempted yesterday, and that they should not have even had the option of moving, since they had only booked the cabins on Saturday, after RCI erred in making them available. He then mentioned that The Revenue Department was to have called all affected parties before putting the new numbers in inventory. When I asked if someone would at least be held accountable for the mess they had created, I received the politically correct answer of, "That would have to be determined,"

Nancy--Thank you for your kind words, but the conversations I had with the first 2 agents were not friendly. It doesn't look likely that we will regain our corner aft. Neither myself, or my travel agent heard anything from RCI, or Adam Goldstein's office today, other than the conversations I initiated.

If I do hear anything, which I'm not holding my breath anymore, I will post it here.

not all JS cabins have their numbers changed. Only the JS cabins aft of the centrum have new numbers.

You're right... I got so wound up (and I'm FAR from being a drama queen ;)), I didn't even notice that there were JS cabins forward of the centrum.

You're right... I got so wound up (and I'm FAR from being a drama queen ;)), I didn't even notice that there were JS cabins forward of the centrum.

Understandable. If I would have lost a corner aft for no reason beyond Royal's poor attention to detail, I would have been upset too. Hopefully, Royal will make it right for you.

Bob

Here's a copy of the response I received to my e-mail to RC Customer Service:

"Regrettably, we understand that there is some confusion regarding stateroom

locations with the new deck plans for our August 31, 2012 sailing of Rhapsody of

the Seas. Please rest assured that your stateroom location will not change when

the new deck plans take effect. Guests will be accommodated in accordance with

their original location at the time their cruise vacation reservation was made.

We sincerely apologize for any confusion this may have caused you."

Let's hope this is true!

locations with the new deck plans for our August 31, 2012 sailing of Rhapsody of

Let's hope this is true!

Thanks for the update. Hopefully they will make things right for the folks who have already reported losing their staterooms.

Let's hope this is true!

Just the August 31 sailing? let's hope that they have assigned a team to work it out, because it's more than just that one sailing.

Let's hope this is true!

Umm....I guess I can't say what I really think of this statement. Suffice to say that when they say your cabin location will not change, they're full of it.

There's no confusion on my end. My cabin location WAS MOVED.

But thank you for letting us know.

There's no confusion on my end. My cabin location WAS MOVED.

As was ours. I just got off the phone with RCCL. They contacted me in response to an email I sent 2 days ago. They cannot move us back to our original location. They gave us some OBC as compensation.

Our take - they sold our cabin out from underneath us... and that's just what I told them.

As was ours. I just got off the phone with RCCL. They contacted me in response to an email I sent 2 days ago. They cannot move us back to our original location. They gave us some OBC as compensation.

Our take - they sold our cabin out from underneath us... and that's just what I told them.

Sorry to hear that.

Incredible. One wonders why they could not simply swap the new occupants with you. There's got to be more to the story that they are not revealing.

I just received a phone call too - (I don't HAVE an aft balcony for this cruise BUT felt so bad for everyone who lost theirs that I wrote them a LONG email too) - I know that everyone won't be put back exactly where they belong; but I am much more sure that nearly all will at least be on the stern (and receive some compensation for their heartbreak) Now I can sit back and enjoy - be excited about our oceanview from Honolulu to Vancouver - BUT will be waiting to hear that you HAVE all been made whole or rec'd some/adequate comp - at least there is an admission of error in procedure - and the contacts are in process - to make it as right as possible -

Nancy

Incredible. One wonders why they could not simply swap the new occupants with you. There's got to be more to the story that they are not revealing.

I just received a phone call too - (I don't HAVE an aft balcony for this cruise BUT felt so bad for everyone who lost theirs that I wrote them a LONG email too) - I know that everyone won't be put back exactly where they belong; but I am much more sure that nearly all will at least be on the stern (and receive some compensation for their heartbreak) Now I can sit back and enjoy - be excited about our oceanview from Honolulu to Vancouver - BUT will be waiting to hear that you HAVE all been made whole or rec'd some/adequate comp - at least there is an admission of error in procedure - and the contacts are in process - to make it as right as possible -

Nancy

Yes. RCI has agreed that the error was theirs, and theirs alone. We will at least have an aft balcony, which we wanted badly for an Alaskan cruise, along with $200 of onboard credit. Not ideal, but at least my drinks will be on RCI for the week.:cool:

Thank you both, and Critterchick also, for your advice and support.

thanks for thanks - we had (dd&dh) in 8094 & us in 8592 (8102&8600)

for our Alaska cruise two years ago in May and could not have been happier - two granddaughters and one's dh in interiors who could enjoy them with us -

(girls were both slim and agile enough to scoot back and forth under the rail)

you will be so happy anywhere back there - on the fantail - have a magnificent time - AND enjoy the new features we didn't bargain for when we booked Rhapsody -

Nancy

Just the August 31 sailing? let's hope that they have assigned a team to work it out, because it's more than just that one sailing.

I only asked about the August 31st sailing in my e-mail to them because that is the one that I'm on. I am still very concerned about losing my aft corner and am keeping my fingers crossed this all works out for everyone. Thanks.

I only asked about the August 31st sailing in my e-mail to them because that is the one that I'm on. I am still very concerned about losing my aft corner and am keeping my fingers crossed this all works out for everyone. Thanks.

I think that you need to Call C&A now and have them change your cabin number. They may pull up the old deck plan when they're in your reservation, but tell them to just look at the new deck plans so the rep doesnt just blow you off. Tell them which number you want. Good luck!

This might be useful .... And may not apply to all cruise dates but I only booked my cruise in January this year and we are on the 23 oct sailing, the first cabin I chose was the best location I could find at the time and then cabin 8094 came up so I asked my TA to request a change which of course happened. A week or so later the following cabins appeared on a website of a cruise TA's website which was selling the following cabins:

8596 8100 8600 8594 8598 and 8102 - all junior suites. There was no mention of their location ... None at all so I called the Australian RCI 1800 number and asked where these cabins were located and was told they were all AFT locations but was also told they were not on the deck plans just listed in the computer.

So I am thinking that they added these cabins based on a re-numbering and in fact they shouldn't have been sold at all because at the time the RCI website was stating that JS type cabins were sold out. So it is possible that this was the case for all sailings in that someone loaded them in the database of the computer and wow then they are on sale. Only difference might be is if the JS cabins were not sold out on all dates.

I have been waiting since Monday to hear about my cabin and it has been referred to the US office from Sydney but I have told my TA that I will NOT accept any OBC for their error.... So we wait and wait and tomorrow is Friday here in OZ.

I also wonder what they plan to do given that most of the JS cabins don't have sofa beds .... I have booked for 4 and cabin 8094 is now only for 2?????

This might be useful .... And may not apply to all cruise dates but I only booked my cruise in January this year and we are on the 23 oct sailing, the first cabin I chose was the best location I could find at the time and then cabin 8094 came up so I asked my TA to request a change which of course happened. A week or so later the following cabins appeared on a website of a cruise TA's website which was selling the following cabins:

8596 8100 8600 8594 8598 and 8102 - all junior suites. There was no mention of their location ... None at all so I called the Australian RCI 1800 number and asked where these cabins were located and was told they were all AFT locations but was also told they were not on the deck plans just listed in the computer.

So I am thinking that they added these cabins based on a re-numbering and in fact they shouldn't have been sold at all because at the time the RCI website was stating that JS type cabins were sold out. So it is possible that this was the case for all sailings in that someone loaded them in the database of the computer and wow then they are on sale. Only difference might be is if the JS cabins were not sold out on all dates.

I have been waiting since Monday to hear about my cabin and it has been referred to the US office from Sydney but I have told my TA that I will NOT accept any OBC for their error.... So we wait and wait and tomorrow is Friday here in OZ.

I also wonder what they plan to do given that most of the JS cabins don't have sofa beds .... I have booked for 4 and cabin 8094 is now only for 2?????

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, in our case, the offer for on board credit was a "Take it or Leave it" proposition. If you're able to pry more out of RCI than that, and I hope you do, I'd be happy to hear that.

Probably you know this by now but incase you don't the new cabin layout after the dry dock can be found on

http://www.atlastravelweb.com/Cruise...-the-seas.html

The new deck plans have a + after the deck number.

My husband and myself have just book May repositioning cruise on Rhapsody from Hawaii to Vancouver May 2013.

Come join us on the Roll Call!

Archived