Our day in Belize with Wet & Wild

judyf

Belize-Monday 3-21-05

I booked with Wet & Wild to Shark-ray Alley. When we got off the tender a guide from W & W was waiting there for us. We walked over to the booth and paid the balance due, 10% was charged to my credit card to hold the tour. It was $59.00 to snorkel and $49.00 if you didn’t snorkel.

We had about an hour to look around the shopping area before the tour left. There’s a nice area to shop and it’s got AC. We bought some retina A and supplies at the pharmacy, good prices.

It took a while to get to the reef on the boat. When we finally got there we got out and snorkeled following our guide and the boat met us on the other side. We didn’t have a lot of time here, must of us thought we were going to snorkel more when we reached the boat but that didn’t happen. The reef was nice and the water was low, a few of us scrapped our knees on the reef. I was worried about keeping up with the group so I didn’t get to see all that much by the reef.

Then we went to where the sharks and string rays were. There were a lot of sharks when we arrived about 6-9. We got into the water a few at a time as some were afraid to get in. We got to hold a string ray and feed them, it was fun. Before I got off the boat I saw the one assistant feeding the sharks on the left side of the boat , we all got off the right side, never gave it a thought. When I got in the water the sharks were no where to be seen. I asked our guide Nellie when we were going to see the sharks after having fun with the string rays. She explained that she wasn’t trained enough on how to handle them, so we weren’t able to see one up close.

Then we went to Caye Caulker Island, this place is so relaxing and nice. I could have spent a full day there.

This was a good tour and I loved the guides and they gave us lots of info on Belize during the boat ride. Just don’t book this tour if you want to interact with the sharks, if you don’t want them to be close to you then this is the tour for you.

Archived