Adventure Ocean and Teen Program questions

My kids are receiving a cruise for Christmas from my in-laws, so I am trying to get stuff planned behind their backs. We will be on a cruise at the same time on Carnival (we leave before them and return after them, ironically the same port and everything though), so I am trying to make sure I have all my details down so I can worry less and enjoy my time away. =)

They will be on the Liberty of the Seas, sailing the 29th.

I see for the AO my daughter (9) is in the 9-11 age group and like everything else you check them in. Can they check themselves out? I want to make sure my in-laws, daughter, and my husband and I are all on the same page. I do not want her to check herself out, so I thought I better check and I will add it to my notarized letter as well. I don't worry about her making friends, she is Miss Social butterfly.

Now, on to the 13 year old. I see they have teen programs and things are scheduled throughout the day, is that something they receive each night? Are they more of the come and go type? I am not sure what to expect for him, he is shy and a homebody, but I want to make sure my in-laws get some adult time and a break from them since it is their vacation as well and they are paying for it. Anyone had a child of the same nature?

We will be having a sit down "family meeting' with everyone after they receive their gift, I just want to make sure I have all details I want to cover.

Thanks for any input!!!!

Your daughter will need to be checked out by a parent/guardian from the Adventure Ocean club. She will have a great time. I had to pry my kids out of there.

In the teen program, they come and go as they please. The first night they have a meet-n-mingle and if your son will go to that, he will meet a bunch of people.

They'll have a great time!

Our daughter was in the 9-11 group on the Freedom this past October. You can sign a waiver for your child to check herself out. If you don't sign it, she is not allowed to check herself out and must be picked up by an adult or older sibling. You will fill out the forms on the first day.

We also have a son and daughter who have been in the teen clubs. I highly recommend that your son attend the first meet and mingle for the teens. That is when everyone gets to know each other. He needs to remember that the majority of the kids won't know anyone so they all will be anxious to meet new friends. Encourage him to attend the activities with the teens. He will meet new friends and should have a great time.

Archived