Too many kids over Thanksgiving on the Oasis/Allure?

meab

We cruised with our 4 kids (ages 2, 3, 7, 10) on the Allure this past September and had a great time. Last weekend, I held a room for our family for next Thanksgiving on the Oasis. We are hoping to get some other family members to join us as well.

However, after reading reviews from this year's Thanksgiving sailings, I'm a little bit nervous with the reports of 2000+ kids on the ship that week! My kids enjoyed the Adventure Ocean activities, but they weren't overwhelmed with hundreds of kids either. I think our September sailing only had 300-500 kids onboard.

So I'm just looking for some feedback from parents who sailed with kids over Thanksgiving... how were the kids pools? Adventure Ocean? crammed wall-to-wall? not as bad as what people say?

I'm more concerned about the experience my kids will have vs. me just finding a pool chair away from kids! For example, in September, the AO group sizes were nice, and allowed the kids to make friends with other kids and get to know the counselors as well. I just don't think that could happen if there are large masses of kids in the camp rooms.

Our other favorite spots were the H2O zone and flow rider - I expect those will have larger crowds, but given that we're Floridians and Thanksgiving is in November, we might be finding some more indoor activities ourselves!

Thanks!

Archived