cruising out of Galveston in January

Disneycruisers

Any one who has cruised out of Galveston in Jan. or there about I have a few questions.

1) how long after you leave Galveston does it take to get to warmer weather?

2) what should we expect for temps in Cozumel in Jan?

3) does the Triumph have a Mongolian food bar on it?

4) are the pools heated on the Triumph?

5) any preference on which is better Nachi Comom or Mr Sancho?

Thanks

Any one who has cruised out of Galveston in Jan. or there about I have a few questions.

1) how long after you leave Galveston does it take to get to warmer weather? depends on when the last cold front blew through and how strong it was.

2) what should we expect for temps in Cozumel in Jan? 80

3) does the Triumph have a Mongolian food bar on it? no an Asian window

4) are the pools heated on the Triumph? heck no, the hot tubs are luke warm at best

5) any preference on which is better Nachi Comom or Mr Sancho? If you drink go to Nachi, if you don't drink don't waste your money to go to Nachi.

Thanks

hope that helps

1. In Jan 2010 it was warm enough to be in bathing suits the first sea day and even the last sea day. In Jan 2009 they did a brisk business in sweat shirts. The cold front went very far south and all sea days were cold and miserable.

2. In Jan 2010 it was 83 the day we were in Cozumel. In Jan 2009 it was 59 - one of the coldest days they have had in a long time.

5. We prefer Mr. Sanchos to Nachi. Better service food and beach the last 2 visits to Mr. Sanchos. If you don't drink you can do the a la carte plan at Mr. Sanchos, which is not offered at Nachi. If you do AI at Mr. Sanchos it includes use of the snorkel gear and kayaks.

We have cruised the week of Jan 15 in January every year for the past 5 years. Probably only one really cold, rough trip in 2009, one fog delay in 2008 and absolutely the best weather in 2010, except for the rain on embarkation day.

Sailed out of Galveston Jan 2011 on the Ecstasy. Our weather here varies so much you might wake up with the heater on and go to bed that night with the a/c on! It was chilly for us on embarkation but warmed up by the first sea day. Cozumel was nice, not horribly hot but the ocean was still too cold for me. Also the pools on the ship were cold too. Kids were wearing wet suits to swim from what I saw.

We are sailing Dec 18 out of NOLA and I have no idea what to expect for weather. Are the seas rough in the caribbean in Dec.?

I have sailed out of Galveston twice in Jan. and once in Feb., the weather varies this time of year, it is not unusual to depart with temperatures in the 50's or even 60's and return to temperatures in the low 30's or vice versa. Fog is also a BIG concern this time of year, which can delay the ships getting into and out of port, we have been fairly lucky on this point with only a couple of hours worth of delay due to fog a couple of times, both departure delays due to late arival of the previous cruise, this is something to keep in mind if planning on flying after the cruise this time of year (on our last cruise heavy fog was forecast for the return, and there was an announcement on the ship the night before reaching port about expected 2-3 hour delay, as luck would have it the fog was lighter than forecast and we docked nearly on time). The pools, slides, etc. are often open the first/last sea day, but it can be a bit chilly out (60's - 70's), again depends on the fronts, as far as weather in Mexico, last January when in Progresso a particularly strong front had just came through resulting in temperatures in the low 60's, maybe even upper 50's around 8 in the morning raising to mid to upper 70's during the day, all the local tour guides were wearing jackets and saying how it NEVER gets this cold. More common is to see temperatures in the upper 70's to upper 80's this time of year in the region, also don't let rain forecasts scare you off, rain is also very common in the region this time of year, however unless a particularly strong front is blowing through it will likely only last a few minutes.

1) how long after you leave Galveston does it take to get to warmer weather? Well, in Texas, you know it could be warm when you depart.So, no time at all.

2) what should we expect for temps in Cozumel in Jan? We swam with dolphins and snorkled in January in Coz.Plenty warm for us.

3) does the Triumph have a Mongolian food bar on it? Don't remember

4) are the pools heated on the Triumph? no

5) any preference on which is better Nachi Comom or Mr Sancho? Just returned from Nachi...highly reccomend!The Bahama Mama's are great!

Thanks

Our first cruise was from Galveston in the month of January.The weather was perfect the entire cruise. Everything went so well it hooked us on cruising.If it had not, we probably would have never gone again because DW had asked for years to go on a cruise and I had reservations about it. Go and enjoy!!

Although they have no Mongolian BBQ, they do have the Hong Kong Noodle Company. It's on the starboard side of the Lido buffet. They stir-fry your dish when you order it. We thought it had good food.

In early Jan, 2010, there was a cold front all over the western hemisphere. When we got to Cozumel, the temps were in the high 60's. The locals were freezing to death. We weren't much warmer. All water excursions were cancelled due to high winds. I sure hope it's better this year!

Archived