Priceline, Hotwire???? for New Orleans

IScubaSlo

On priceline and Hotwire, how do you figure out what hotels your bidding on in New Orleans. I couldnt find any info on bidding for travel on New Orleans.

I did my Ft. Lauderdale hotel for this year and knew exactly what hotel I was bidding on, but with New Orleans I can't figure out which is which.

What I really want is the Hilton Riverwalk hotel.

Can someone tell me how to figure out how to get the Hilton.

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl, I just looked at http://www.biddingfortravel.com and there is all the usual detail available for New Orleans, the historical list of hotels that have come up in winning bids, and the individual posts from recent winning bids, including one for the Hilton Riverside.

The Hilton you want is a 4 star in the Convention Center zone. I believe there are 3 other properties that have also been winners in this zone.

In Fort Lauderdale, you obviously did a lot of research and placed your PL bid thinking that you would get a certain property. In a lot of cases that is what happens. It's happened to me many times, but I have also been surprised a few times. There is NEVER EVER any guarantee that you will get a certain property. However on Hotwire, you may be able to break the amenities codes to be pretty certain which hotel is being offered to you. Aside from the information available at http://www.biddingfun.com the names of the hotels are shown when you shop for a package with air and hotel.

The previous message is correct, the Hilton falls under 4* CC zone and it's several other hotels under this category. I can tell you that the intercontiental is listed as a 4 1/2 *Downtown on Hotwire and will say Customer's Favorite. However the hotel is really in the Central Business District on St.Charles, a few streets over from Canel. I know of noone to assure on how to bid to get the Hilton for sure.

Thanks for the advice. Really dont need to get the Hilton, but want to make sure I'm close to the port. I also found out that the weekend I'm going is Mardi Gra weekend..................SO I've got to book a room early. Hotwire has 2 that come up downtown, but there are several at the airport. How far is it from airport to cruise port?

Agreed. the airport is about a 25 minute ride and would be MUCH longer of a ride if you are taking a shuttle or cab from the airport area to the port during Mardi Gras. If you decide to stay at the airport, be sure to leave several hours before your sail time, in case you get stuck in traffic.

Archived