How popular is it to cruise this time of year?

Melody80

We are looking to cruise this time next year. We would be on the Ecstacy for a 5day cruise april 3rd or 22nd 2006. Can we expect it to be crowded? I was thinking the kids would be in school so it wouldn't been very crowded. What has your experiance been?

Crowded or not we are going, I was wondering because of the whole 'booking a guarantee' thing. I figured if its crowded we wouldn't be likely for an upgrade and would reather pick our rooms and stay close to the reast of our group. If its NOT going to be crowded then a guarantee many work out well for us.

Im new to this so tell me if my way of thinking is all screwed up!

Actually, Melody, most all cruise ships sail at almost full capacity, so anytime you cruise is about the same. Children - well, I like to cruise in the fall just after school has started. I would think it would be about the same this time of year. My rationale is that MOST parents don't take their children out of school right after the school year starts OR just before it ends.:rolleyes:

Guarantee? Hmmm, didn't work well for me the one time I tried it, so I'll always stick with assigned cabins from now on. BUT, it works well for lots of folks, so has to be your decision. Good luck.

We used to cruise annually making sure we were sailing on April 23rd, which is our anniversary.

What fluctuates is spring break, revolving around Easter and Passover. So one time we hit the wrong week, and had 200 kids on our cruise.

Interestingly enough, their presence was less noticible than another cruise we went on that had 20 kids. It was just the wrong 20 kids!

Archived