Just booked Jewel S1 for Jan 7, 2012. What am I forgetting?

roveer

Whoo hoo. I just booked the S1 (Garden Villa) through my total rewards account executive and saved 28% off the published rate. Finally something good came from all my comps.

I've got a family of 6 and we sailed in a GV on the jewel last Thanksgiving and had a great time.

While I think we have a pretty good idea what to expect, I figured I'd check here to see what might have changed in the past year that I should look into.

We'll do the Aquaventure in Nassau as we really liked that excursion. I'll have to decide what to do in FL as I went to Nasa with my son last year so we'll try something different. No theme parks, we do that in the summer.

What has changed on the ship and are there any new "must do's"? I'm hoping it's not too cold, but having our own hot tub will be a great thing. My youngest daughter used to walk right by us every morning on her way out for a dip.

Really looking to get away especially in the middle of winter.

Does anyone know who the concierge is on Jewel? We loved Adrian but I believe he's moved to another ship. How about butlers? My youngest loved Nelson but I don't believe he's there any longer. Time to make new friends.

Lucky you :)

The Jewel is just as lovely as she has always been. When we were on her in October, Nelson had at least 1 GV. Ryan Rabe is currently the Concierge and he is great. We'll be on the week before so I'll be able to give you more updated info if you remind me ;)

If you believe what you read on this board and, the food is much more mediocre. Interesting the reviews of recent cruises on the Jewel have been very mixed; some peole say fine others say the pits......

Yup, that's how the reviews go. Food is not important to us. I've got 4 kids and haven't slept in 13 years, watched an entire TV show or sat through a full meal. We make our own fun and having a GV really helps in that regard. Someday we'll sail on one of the mega ships, but for now the Jewel will be a much needed get a way at the right time.

"What am I forgetting? "

You are forgetting to adopt and take meeee ;)

Sounds like a wonderful family vacation, hope you have a fabulous time. I really haven't seen any major changes to speak of, for the jewel in the last year on the boards.

A few minor changes in policies that you can get by reading over the FAQ on NCL's web site but nothing earth shattering.

Archived