Are excursion prices going up for 2012?

rjhelmes

I'm sailing just after the new year and am looking for Cozumel excursions on Carnival's site and found the Isla Pasion by Twister for $65.95pp. However, when I log in and get to the page that has our cruise specific itinerary the price to reserve is $89.95. Has anyone else noticed this price jump for 2012 or have they just not updated the excursion prices in a while?

The same problem with the Deluxe Sail Snorkel and Beach Party for $59.95pp goes up to $65.95pp after I log in to book it.

Looks like I won't be booking with the ship at all this cruise. I really wanted to do the Twister but it's not worth it to me for $90, I'm sure there are some other things to do in Coz.

Thanks,

I missed the from $xx.xx. It would make sense that Carnival prices their excursions higher on days that ports are expected to be full or as the excursion fills up. Just like they do for rooms on the ship. They are a business afterall.

If they are charging more than advertised, my experience is that you can buy for the advertised price on the ship (no guarantees by me on price or time). Online they may be trying to determine if there is enough demand to schedule another time slot, or if there is already another one, trying to load balance and move you in that direction.

As always batteries not included, some assembly required, your mileage may vary.

We were on the Carnival Legend last week and we did the Isla Pasion by Twister. It was 89.95 a person regardless of age. Well worth it, it was by far our favorite day of the cruise. Lunch and drinks are included at the beach and it was not crowded.

I would love to do this but I have lower back problems and have problems being on my feet for long periods of time. I am fine if I can occasionally sit for a few minutes. DO you get a chance to sit at all?

Carnival also offers a catamaran ride out to Passion Island, this may be a calmer option. It is the same package that includes an all you can eat mexican buffet, open bars, water toys etc. If you do not want alcohol, no worries, they have Coke products. I cannot drink in the sun so stuck to Diet Coke all day. The water and ice cubes are all filtered so it is very safe to have ice.) We did the PI by Twister and it was worth every single penny. The Island is just beautiful. It is not crowded as you can only access it by boat. The beach is white, sugar sand, lots of palm trees and hammocks. There is a small gift shop, clean bathrooms, a nice children's playground complete with tramboline (which I used, it was really fun) There are PLENTY of beach chairs and umbrella tables and chairs for everyone. There are also plenty of tables in the buffet area. You will not have a problem finding a place to rest your feet. This excursion was great and I would pay the extra $$ just to expreience it. :)

It is not recommended to do the Twister if you have back problems, as it does stop abruptly and whip around pretty quickly. My parents took the catamaran, as my father has back problems, and met up with us on the beach. They arrived at about the same time. There was plenty of seating at the beach.

It is not recommended to do the Twister if you have back problems, as it does stop abruptly and whip around pretty quickly. My parents took the catamaran, as my father has back problems, and met up with us on the beach. They arrived at about the same time. There was plenty of seating at the beach.

We have some issues with our family too.....Do you happen to remember what the Catamaran one was called and the price? Thank you in advance!

We have some issues with our family too.....Do you happen to remember what the Catamaran one was called and the price? Thank you in advance!

It was the Passion Island by Power Catamaran and I think it was $69.95 for adults and $54.95 for children. It includes lunch and drinks, except the frozen drinks. And the beach activities are included (kayaks, wind-surfing, pedal boats, and water trampolines).

Archived