Captn Bryan or Captn Marvin which would you choose?

01Sweetpea

I received a very lenghty reply from Mark at Capt Bryans. I am VERY satisfied with his response that my tour will run as scheduled.

He did say that since the Inspiration has different times from other ships is why the tour times are different.

So, we will be staying with Capt Bryan and the 9:30 Hannibal tour. Can't wait!

We just got back from NCL Sun (traveled after daylight savings time), and spent the day in Grand Cayman. We sailed from Miami, and our ship had us turn our clocks back one hour the night before we got into Grand Cayman so that we would be on the same time as island time since GC doesn't observe daylight savings.

We were booked on Captain Bryan's morning tour (9:30 am) Hannibal tour. Meeting time was at 8:50 am. Our ship was in GC from 8 am until 3 pm, with the last tender at 2:30 pm. We got in line around 7:30 am to get a tender ticket and ended up getting on the first tender (just barely!). Arrived at the pier around 8:30 am and had plenty of time to walk to Captain Bryan's by 8:50. Bus left around 9:20 am or so to get to the boat. Spent about 30 minutes at Stingray City and then about 30 minutes at the Aquarium (another snorkel stop). Our tour had about 15-20 people, and we saw some of the ships tours which looked like they had at least 60-70 people. This allowed much more individual attention....the guids held stingrays with us so we could take pictures, and at the snorkel stop he pointed out 2 moray eels. Definitely take a waterproof camera...you can get some great shots of your family with the stingrays, and the photographer on the tour charges $30 for a CD with photos of you (so then you'll have to take it to get the pictures printed, and end up spending even more!)

Really enjoyed the catamaran...I debated whether to book Captain Marvin, Captain Bryan, or Nativeway, but I think the catamaran really added something to the trip. We motored on the way out and sailed on the way back; it was really relaxing and beautiful!

Arrived back at the pier around 12:45 pm...had plenty of time to shop a little before getting a tender by 2:30.

We just got back from NCL Sun (traveled after daylight savings time), and spent the day in Grand Cayman. We sailed from Miami, and our ship had us turn our clocks back one hour the night before we got into Grand Cayman so that we would be on the same time as island time since GC doesn't observe daylight savings.

We were booked on Captain Bryan's morning tour (9:30 am) Hannibal tour. Meeting time was at 8:50 am. Our ship was in GC from 8 am until 3 pm, with the last tender at 2:30 pm. We got in line around 7:30 am to get a tender ticket and ended up getting on the first tender (just barely!). Arrived at the pier around 8:30 am and had plenty of time to walk to Captain Bryan's by 8:50. Bus left around 9:20 am or so to get to the boat. Spent about 30 minutes at Stingray City and then about 30 minutes at the Aquarium (another snorkel stop). Our tour had about 15-20 people, and we saw some of the ships tours which looked like they had at least 60-70 people. This allowed much more individual attention....the guids held stingrays with us so we could take pictures, and at the snorkel stop he pointed out 2 moray eels. Definitely take a waterproof camera...you can get some great shots of your family with the stingrays, and the photographer on the tour charges $30 for a CD with photos of you (so then you'll have to take it to get the pictures printed, and end up spending even more!)

Really enjoyed the catamaran...I debated whether to book Captain Marvin, Captain Bryan, or Nativeway, but I think the catamaran really added something to the trip. We motored on the way out and sailed on the way back; it was really relaxing and beautiful!

Arrived back at the pier around 12:45 pm...had plenty of time to shop a little before getting a tender by 2:30.

Thanks for the review! Did they have a videographer on board?

I don't believe there was a videographer on Captain Bryan's. The girl taking the photos had a digital camera and she took several shots of each person in the water with the stingrays. She showed you the photos on her camera afterwards and you could decide if you wanted her to make a CD for you. I think it was $30 for one or two pictures and then $10 for each additional. She'll mail you the CD and you can make hard copies from that. I was able to take just about the same pictures using my own camera, so I would suggest that.

I also was just in GC on April 11th and booked with Capt. Bryan on the Buccanneer (10 am - 1:30 pm) I sailed on the Splendour out of Tampa which was EST. Our ship stayed on EST for this port (although like people have previously mentioned, GC doesn't observe daylight savings time.) So...ship arrived 9 a.m. ship time (which was 8 a.m. GC time.) Our itiniary by the way from RCCL said 9 am - 5 pm (which was ship time, not local time in port.) We checked in at Capt. Bryans at 10 am GC time. We were back by I'd say 1:45 pm and they dropped us off at the pier instead of taking us back to where we met by the English bakery (seriously good macaroons by the way :) ) So if you're worried about needing extra time to walk back to the tender, you'll be dropped off right there.

SHOPPING TIME - someone asked about when the stores opened. Most opened at 8:30 - 9 am local time so we shopped after our tour instead. The English Bakery was open though and we enjoyed some tea and bakery before the tour.

Hope this helps somewhat. We really enjoyed our tour with Capt. Bryan. Unfortunately it was quite wavey which made for some difficult snorkeling and stingray viewing. The aquarium reef stop was absolutely beautiful and I'd love to go back someday when the waves aren't quite as high.

Archived