What is a reasonable amount for GV upsell and how much would you be willing to pay?

SuiteCruiser

The upsell price offered is usually (but by no means always) 50% of the then current fare. You would pay 50% of the difference between what you paid for your current category and the fare for what you're upselling into. For example, if you paid $1000/person for your current cabin and the specific Penthouse category is going for $2500/person (a $1500 difference), the offer would likely be in the range of $500-$800/person.

This is a VERY informative thread, one of the most important to me at this time. I see two different variants of guidelines suggested here:

PLEASE CORRECT ME !!!

1) Split the difference between the 'Current' price of the upsell category with what you've already paid. In my case, Paid SG $1500 each, SB is currently $3000 each. Using this variant of formula, would the upsell could be about $750 each ?

2) Another formula that has been kicked around is 50% of the 'Current' price of the upgraded suite, less what I already paid... Basically a 2-for-1 on the upgraded suite, less what I've already paid. This is substantially different: SB Currently selling for $3000, 2for1 (50% of current price) = $1500 each... basically this would be a FREE UPGRADE !

Now you see my confusion...lol I thank all for their input ! Please advise.

P.S. To throw a wrench into the mix, there is a small child that they're adding $350 + taxes for but this is static in all categories so it probably doesn't factor into anything :-)

Wondering if NCL read these boards? I have booked two connecting balcony staterooms and if it comes to them wanting to re-sell these two rooms to people not travelling together me and my family won't mind too much moving to a 2 bedroom set-up! Just putting it out there! Always ready to help, me! haha!:D

Archived