Cutting it too close?

bravjd

We have reservations on Captain Bryans Buccaneer on 6/1. Being that port time and ships time are an hour different, the last tender will leave at 2:30 GC time. The Buccaneer tour is not scheduled to return to the dock until 1:30 pm. Allowing for normal delays will we really have an hour or are we cutting it too close? I called Captain Bryans today and they said we will be fine, but I need reassurance. I don't want to spend the entire time wondering if we are going to miss the last tender. Will there be long lines for the last tender? What if there are too many people?

I really want to do the catamaran, but based on responses, may need to book the earlier tour.

Any information would be appreciated.

We are in the same boat. We have the Buccaneer scheduled for 7/5. I emailed them my concerns and Capt Bryan's told me that we will get back to the port at 1:50 THE LATEST. Tankersbabe had a copy of the Capers that says that the last tender is at 2pm local time (not 2:30pm that Captn Bryan quoted me).

For us, only having a 10 minute window is just not comfortable. We're looking into other options right now. Either switch to the earlier Captn Bryan tour or maybe switch to Captn Marvin (who has a 10-1 tour).

Tankersbabe is going to post when she returns and tell me when the last tender was. Then I will make my decision.

Yup, I am the one who stirred this mess up to begin with...:)

Seems like I am not the only obsessive obsessor on this board...

Capt Bryans moved me back to the ealier excursion, at 9 or 930a...I don't remember, with no problems. She kept assuring me that I would make it back to the ship on time, but I am a control freak, and ten minutes is not enough time.

The capers stated that the last tender is at 3pm. I have not heard otherwise from anyone on any of these boards (I guess no one has been on the Miracle or been to Grand Cayman lately...if they have, they aren't responding...)

I will give a full detailed report when I get back on May 2nd...

Stef

Question about Capers.

I keep hearing people talk as though they are viewing these. I have to admit that this is by far one of my favorite parts of the trip...I love coming back to my room and finding my Caper on my pillow, however is there somewhere to look on carnivals webpage to view them ahead of time??

Question about Capers.

I keep hearing people talk as though they are viewing these. I have to admit that this is by far one of my favorite parts of the trip...I love coming back to my room and finding my Caper on my pillow, however is there somewhere to look on carnivals webpage to view them ahead of time??

Nope...sometimes you manage to get folks from sailings before who have scanned them in so you can view them.

The ones I have are from November, and I am wondering the differences. I do know that the show times have changed...but I am most concerned about the Grand Cayman tender...

Just an FYI: When we were on the Splendour of the Seas a couple of weeks ago, we changed our clocks so that we were on local time. I know this is up to the captain's disgression. Just wanted to pass on the info.

Michelle

Archived