Epic Dining Large Group

Kim2629

Hoping somebody who has traveled on the Epic in a large group can help. We are going during February school vacation week with a party of 12. Our goal is to have at least a few dinners all together as a group. This will likely happen in the Main Dining room to satisfy everyone. What have others experiences been in trying to get a large table seated together in the MDR? I know that if I go that day to make a "reservation", we will likely have to chose between 5:30 or 9:30, both of which won't be ideal for various people in the group. What are the chances that if we walk in around 6-6:30 we can get seated around 7-8pm? I've been on Epic before, just not with a large group, so I'm trying to coordinate for everyone which is proving to be a challenge!!

There is no way any of us can give you a credible answer....check with the MDR M-D at lunch before the day of your group dinner and see what he can do for you.

There are no tables for 12 already set up, so they would have to put several tables together, which can be disruptive during normal food service. If they know in advance of your "walk in", they can do a better job for you. The M-D can also give you a better idea of a good time to plan for that dinner.

You might consider breaking your group up in to two and be seated in tables next to each other...easier to pull off for the staff at any time you want and much better conversation capabilities (for a rectangular table for 12, people at one end of the table will never be able to hear those at the other end -- they will be about 12' apart).

I agree with bakerintn that you should go with the 2 tables of 6 for the same reasons that they stated, it makes it easier for conversation and the waiters/resses to get around.

Why do you say you would probably "likely have to chose between 5:30 or 9:30" We eat between 5:30 and 6:30 and there were a lot of groups came in at that time. Now mind you they weren't 12 that I seen, they were 6-8 but still were back to back. So if you went with the 2 tables of 6 and made arrangements with the host prior, I'm really not seeing a problem with getting side by sides.

Rosario was the MD at Manhattan and MIchael at TASTE Speak to them I arranged a Bday dinner for 16 so it is possible but you must make arrangements for it You will find everyone on EPIC very helpful SAy hello to all on my behalf THey treated me so well I'm sure you will love this ship The Staff and crew is THE BEST

Bon Voyage

Do not miss Cirque show ...outstanding!!!

Michele

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will encourage everyone in the group to do one specialty all together - I think Moderno maybe would be able to accommodate 12 at one table. And I will speak to the hosts in the main dining room as soon as we board. Other than that, we will do the 6/6 split as many suggested. Appreciate all the responses! Can't wait for our trip 75 days away!!

Archived