FLL Airport to Port Everglades

marwood

Not directly on the way, but you can ask the driver to take you to the Walgreens on 17th at Eisenhower and wait for you. If you happen to be taking Princess, their terminal is just inside that port gate. I'm not sure how much pop and water you are buying to see if that makes the higher taxi fare worthwhile but that's up to you.

• 2 months later...
Not directly on the way, but you can ask the driver to take you to the Walgreens on 17th at Eisenhower and wait for you. If you happen to be taking Princess, their terminal is just inside that port gate. I'm not sure how much pop and water you are buying to see if that makes the higher taxi fare worthwhile but that's up to you.

DanJ,

I would like to go to the Walgreens you mentioned to pick up some bottled diet Coke and snacks for the 6 days at sea (at the beginning of my cruise). I will be taking Princess. You said "Princess terminal is just inside that port gate"; does it mean it is within 15 minutes walking distance from the Princess terminal to Walgreens? If it is, then I would like to check-in to my cabin, then have lunch, then leave the boat again to walk to Walgreens.

Thank you.

DanJ,

I would like to go to the Walgreens you mentioned to pick up some bottled diet Coke and snacks for the 6 days at sea (at the beginning of my cruise). I will be taking Princess. You said "Princess terminal is just inside that port gate"; does it mean it is within 15 minutes walking distance from the Princess terminal to Walgreens? If it is, then I would like to check-in to my cabin, then have lunch, then leave the boat again to walk to Walgreens.

Thank you.

The Walgreens is right on the southwest corner of 17th and Eisenhower, so it's a pretty easy walk from terminal 2. Make sure your ship is actually at terminal 2 before trying to walk though as the rest of the port is quite a ways south. You are probably looking at just under a half mile, so decide whether you want to carry stuff that distance in possible hot conditions.

Here's a google map showing a Princess ship at it's berth and the Walgreens just to the left of the middle along the top of the map.

Walgreens is the place to go but Dan is right...do you want to carry 20-30 lbs of bottles 1/2 mile back to the ship...might be worth the extra cab cost...

BTW, we were at that Walgreens last week while waiting for our infamous cruise to nowhere on the Crown... the line at check out was extremely long...not sure if its always like that or not but be aware...

Walgreens is the place to go but Dan is right...do you want to carry 20-30 lbs of bottles 1/2 mile back to the ship...might be worth the extra cab cost...

BTW, we were at that Walgreens last week while waiting for our infamous cruise to nowhere on the Crown... the line at check out was extremely long...not sure if its always like that or not but be aware...

I've noticed long lines there too. The lines might be shorter at the CVS on the corner of US1 and SE 17th St.

Archived