Wine prices on Grand Cayman

ILoveScotland

A friend and I will be on Grand Cayman next month. We tend to drink wine rather than liquor. How much will a glass of wine cost at a cafe?

We'll be staying a few days and may want to buy wine to have in our room. Is wine sold in grocery stores, liquor stores, some other place? And how much average bottle of wine bought in a store?

Thanks

A friend and I will be on Grand Cayman next month. We tend to drink wine rather than liquor. How much will a glass of wine cost at a cafe?

We'll be staying a few days and may want to buy wine to have in our room. Is wine sold in grocery stores, liquor stores, some other place? And how much average bottle of wine bought in a store?

Thanks

You can get an idea of costs for bottles of wine (or any other alcoholic beverages) on Jacques Scott's website: http://www.jacquesscottonline.com/index.html

Prices are in $CI, so add 25% if converting to USD or CAD.

Packaged goods, including beer, are only sold at liquor stores and not available at grocery stores.

A glass of wine will run $8-$15 CI at most bars and restaurants.

You can get an idea of costs for bottles of wine (or any other alcoholic beverages) on Jacques Scott's website: http://www.jacquesscottonline.com/index.html

Prices are in $CI, so add 25% if converting to USD or CAD.

Packaged goods, including beer, are only sold at liquor stores and not available at grocery stores.

A glass of wine will run $8-$15 CI at most bars and restaurants.

Thanks for this information as well as your answer to my question on another thread. Here in North Carolina wine and beer are sold in grocery stores and liquor in state regulated stores, but it's different all over the world, so this is good to know. I'll look at the web site now.

Wine is a bit of an exception to the usual rule of exceedingly high alcohol prices in Cayman...

There is a CI$3.30 import duty per liter for wine. Doesn't matter if it is good wine or bad. It works out as a relatively small percentage on a bottle of really nice wine and a huge percentage on really cheap wines. Might as well drink good wine.

Archived