Shopping for beach wear in Galveston

canuckcruiselover

We'll be there in a few weeks and I'm wondering whether the Galveston stores have a decent variety of swimwear and summer clothes. We don't have much selection in Toronto this time of year (dah) but I assume that with Galveston's warmer climate, there might be stores that carry summer clothes year-round . . . and probably much cheaper than here.

We'll be there in a few weeks and I'm wondering whether the Galveston stores have a decent variety of swimwear and summer clothes. We don't have much selection in Toronto this time of year (dah) but I assume that with Galveston's warmer climate, there might be stores that carry summer clothes year-round . . . and probably much cheaper than here.

You'll have to go to a shop that sells specifiaclly beachwear, but yes you can find some.

I know Bargain Beachwear is open year-round, not sure on the others. There's a list of shops on galveston.com, so you may want to call in advance to verify if they are seasonal or not.

http://www.galveston.com/surfandbeach/

When I sailed out of Galveston a couple of years ago, I had lost about 75 pounds between the time swim-suits were readily available and the time of the cruise. I was able to get a couple of really cute suits at a shop on the SeaWall. I still wear them now - 2 years later!

Happy Sailing!

Barbara

There are several swimwear/beachwear shops on the seawall and I've bought swimsuits there. You shouldn't have any problem finding a swimsuit. Actually, I live down here in SE Texas and you can't find any swimsuits in the department stores here either. I found one in Houston at a shop called Everything But Water. They had a huge selection.

Archived