Lumiere

My DH made our June reservation for Lumiere last night. He didn't receive a confirmation #. They offered to send an email the day before the reservation, which would be of no use to us. Is this the normal practice. Has anyone ever had a problem not being able to prove their reservation? TIA :)

A reminder would be great, but we will be in Vancouver by then with no access to our email. I'm concerned that we don't have some type of confirmation. We're used to either receiving a reservation# or confirmation email, after making a reservation. I'm afraid of showing up & not having a reservation, with no way to prove it. BTW, thanks for the warning. We always try to arrive 15 min. early.

• 1 month later...

May I make a suggestion as to your June reservation at Lumiere, in Vancouver.

I know the Chef/owner, Rob. He was a Guest Chef on our Seabourn Pride voyage in the Caribbean last Dec. Go to their web site and e-mail him. His name is Rob Feenie and he is a super great fellow! He brought his wife and their 'lit baby boy,

which we all enjoyed. His food was dee-licious!!!

Good luck and have a wonderful dinner!

Martita

Check out Lumiere's web site. I believe you'll find Rob's "contact us" there.

Mention that I did recommend his food......

I always host parties on the Seabourn ships and last Dec. in the Caribbean

I hosted a really fun, "Eggnog Sing-a-Long" Our Captain Sorensen grated the nutmeg! And I wore my white feathered angel wings with the matching maribu halo!

I had Santa hats, elfs hats, etc. for everyone. Even fashioned a King's Crown atop Rob's paper Chef's hat! He said he was going to take it back to Vancouver and wear it to his own Christmas party for HIS emplyoees!

He and his family are grrrreat folks!

Have a wonderful time!

Martha

West Texas

I finally emailed Lumiere & they sent me a confirmation. I still didn't get a confirmation #, just an email verifying we had a reservation. Works for me! :D I did notice that Lumiere can also be booked at Opentable.com. If I had known that ahead of time, I would have gone that route.

Archived