Galveston Debarkation - Customs Line for Cdns

Karen_N

I read recently that Self Debarkation is not an option for NON US citizens in Tampa. Does anyone know if that is the case in Galveston? We are on the Carnival Magic.

CGBCruiser and Galveston Cruiser ...

Thanks for your responses. Other than a fog delay, which my travel insurance should cover, we need to be at IAH for a 2pm flight. So I need to be as prepared as possible, and know what my gotchas might be. I currently have Suppershuttle arranged for 10am.

Depending on Debarkation time, may even have to consider a luggage porter, or self debarkation.

Karen

We have always disembarked in Galveston; loop and trans atlantic cruises.

FYI: We were first in one of the immigration lines from the TA, through in less than 2 minutes. Waited longer for our house/pet sitter to drive the 20 blocks from home to the pier:D

But I can't get out of bed that early on the last day of my vacation!

Can self debarkation get off at any time or is there a narrow window of opportunity?

Depending on Debarkation time, may even have to consider a luggage porter, or self debarkation.

Karen

The one time I sailed out of Galveston, the porters had their own (very short) customs line whereas self assist had quite the wait. I'm a US Citizen, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I did the US Inaugural of the Magic and I'm Canadian. My guess is that the total time from the time that the line started moving for self-disembark to the time that I walked to my rental parking lot. It was a total of 30 minutes. It's the smoothest disembarkation that I've ever done on all of my cruises. I practically zipped through customs. The lines were a bit longer for US citizens. The lines were especially long for US citizen with a Birth Certificate, the passport line was shorter. I was sitting at Cracker Barrel in Houston (near IAH) by 8:30am as I did not eat breakfast on the ship.

Joanne

Archived