Pearl Harbor Article..Cruise Excursion of the Day

sjn911

Today would be a day to be in Honolulu..sure want to do Pearl Harbor next time...

Always hear about my folks playing on the floor and hearing this on the radios with their parents going white...we loose our history so quickly,,,

To our servicemen then and now..we are forever in your debt and thank you so,,,,,

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/ap_news/us/article_b4c7585c-21e2-55b6-a3b3-a463ec33d39a.html

Nice article. So proud of my dad's service in WWII. He was too though he never talked about it much. 18 years old.....36 bombers lost on his first day at an English base.

If you know a WWII vet get them to tell you their stories. Write them down in detail. There are not many of the "Greatest Generation" left.

Amen! They still are the Greatest Generation, but I am a little biased... My father was a WWII vet and he never offered to tell any stories of flying in B-17s over Europe. Now I sure wish I'd have asked him to tell me some. I just acquired most of his medals and awards from his 25 years of service in the Air Force. He saw a lot of action and he is still my hero, even though he's been gone 27 years this Christmas. :(

Thanks for your stories..I liked so much you are sharing what you have...Godspeed to your dads and my grandad..who did come home and had it lucky..his post office experience put him state side...they pulled him off a ship.

I had a very special friend..WWII POW in Germany and retired as a Full Bird Army Colonel and he was exactly 40 years my senior, same birth month, he even worked in Japan in some of the rebuild everywhere at the end of his career..met him in 1987 in a coffee shop in Portland, and I have his letters to assemble..he would not talk much of his experience..but he would love you as a deep friend who knew about all human struggle and making it..he just passed a couple of years ago...he came home an alcoholic but started the program about when it did and was a real recovered one. He was in charge of his men as a POW and they would march them around and get them drunk..the German and Us leaders so to speak to try to get info...he lived on 700 calories a day and had it figured when he would die on that..but made it. i can't explain the wonder of this soul..wisdom..he wrote more his whole view on world history and was really smart...LOL..always thought I was smarter than I am LOL..lucky for me because it kept my bar high..but when he moved 5 years after i met him to be where his sons ended up..he left me so much..still use it all..and the books and letters he sent me over the years..awesome we were really penpals and got closer when he moved ..just the propriety of it all we both shared even more...Sarah

Archived