San Diego to Ensenada - Transportation????

SassyGirl

Hi:

We are taking a cruise on the Infinity to Hawaii out of Ensenada and I just found out that our cruiseline won't offer the transfer if we deviate our air travel (which we are).

Can anyone suggest a reliable and easy way to get to and from Ensenada from San Diego?

Thanks so much!

Patty

Patty,

I find it hard to believe that Celebrity will not sell you a "transfer" to/from the airport in San Diego to the Cruise Terminal in Ensenada, even if you plan on “deviating†from their air. You should contact Celebrity Cruise Lines directly. Just so you know, it is about a 20 minute “cab ride†from the airport to the Mexican Border and then about an 1 ½ hour ride to Ensenada.

Tom

Celebrity will sell you a transfer to Ensenada. It is about $70 a piece. I tried a number of other ways to do it, but couldn't find a company to take us there in November 03 except a limo that was quite expensive. Our bus ride through Celebrity was quite pleasant.

I agree with the poster above. Many people gripped about the bus ride to Ensenada, but I enjoyed it. I just took a bottle of Margaritas and chilled out the whole trip. icon_smile.gif

Texed

• 4 weeks later...

Patty:

A bit expensive but we took a town car limo from the San Diego Airport to Ensenada. First Class Limousine was the company and they are on the web. The fare with tip is $335 and includes all tolls. They also have insurance in Mexico. Its a first class company. You can leave your luggage with the Celebrity staff at the airport.

When we cruised May 9, the Infinity actually sailed down from San Diego and boarding was not until about 2:00ish as I remember. We stayed at the hotel where check-in takes place, had lunch and then hitched a ride to the ship. The Pier has limited seating facilities.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Craig in Albuquerque

Mercury Nov 26, 2004

Infinity May 2004

Mercury Mar 2004

Infinity Dec 2003

Archived