Off the Beaten Path Excursions

vbc33

Hey everyone,

Cruising in a month to the Eastern Caribbean and am looking for the BEST excursions. I don't want to spend a ton of money, but am really looking for anyone who knows of a great experience I can have that I may not find on the cruise line excursion list.....something unique to the area that I'll never forget. On my last cruise, we found someone on board who took us to a hike/cliff jumping experience in Ocho Rios and it was absolutely amazing.

Does anyone have thoughts? If not, any suggestions will be welcomed!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Go to Pinel Island. Uninhabited small island with three really nice restaurants that rent beach chairs: $15 plus you get 2 free drinks. Take cab to Cul de Sac, fare for three of us was $9.00 each. Tell cab guy you want to go to Pinel. He'll drop you at the ferry terminal ( a shack at the foot of a short pier), runs every hour, about a 5 minute trip, $7.00 round trip. Ferry is an oversize rowboat with an outboard. Pinel is very nice, beach is gorgeous, on the French side so some topless, it doesn't get very crowded until after 1:00 or so and even then it's not packed like Orient. Cab ride takes about 40 minutes, make sure you negotiate with your driver to come back and pick you up, ferry terminal is pretty much out of the way, no cabs hanging around there.

We were there last week, beats Orient Beach by a mile because it's not all cluttered up with ticky-tacky shacks. I'd go back there in a heartbeat!

Archived