Baristas on Marina

sammyboots

Can anyone tell me if Baristas do drinks other than coffee? My husband loves his coffee but I never drink it, preferring tea or a hot chocolate. On a recent Celebrity cruise we enjoyed a variety of drinks at Cova cafe and wondered if we could expect similar? We are due to sail on Marina in March 2012 and are very much looking forward to a return to our favourite cruise line. :)

Can anyone tell me if Baristas do drinks other than coffee? My husband loves his coffee but I never drink it, preferring tea or a hot chocolate. On a recent Celebrity cruise we enjoyed a variety of drinks at Cova cafe and wondered if we could expect similar? We are due to sail on Marina in March 2012 and are very much looking forward to a return to our favourite cruise line. :)

Yes, they also serve tea and hot chocolate, as well as spirits and liquors :D

Yes, espresso, teas, cocoa and all the espresso related drinks are without extra charge. If you want cafe correcto, that is with a shot of grappa or brandy or an Irish coffee there is a bar charge for it. After speaking with the Baristas on our earlier cruises we found out that they apprenticed in Italy or Spain and were quite knowledgeable.

Note also there are very tasty mini-sandwiches, cantuccini and biscotti available in case you get a little hungry with your cafe drinks.

Baristas was our favorite place to get a light breakfast, which is what we prefer before a busy day in port. We would get juice, regular coffee (excellent!), and small plates of yummy pastries and sit there and enjoy the beautiful view. The wireless service was good there, too, as it is just around the corner from Oceania@Sea (at least it was good most of the time). All of the baristas were very personable and we spent a lot of time chatting with them. We can't wait to go to Baristas again on our cruise next September.

Many thanks for all your replies, they are much appreciated. :) Having a lovely place to stop and watch the world go by while my husband enjoys a good coffee and I have a hot or iced chocolate, depending on how the mood takes me ;) is part of our holiday. Looking forward to being back on Oceania and discovering the Marina after previously being on Insignia....and the coffee shop takes it up that further notch for us :D

Archived